ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Mk3 Thread

White Sti Hatch
50 front and roughly 60 rear, tyre prfile wont give you a notible drop mate less you go from a 60 tyre to a 40

A Euro'd one...
50 front and roughly 60 rear, tyre prfile wont give you a notible drop mate less you go from a 60 tyre to a 40

A higher profile tire will fill the arch better. As i have said before, my wheels will be going on very soon then i will decided if i want to go 10-20mm lower.
How can you tell exactly how low your car is if your using coilovers?

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
yeah i can make the meet now!?!?!?!? woowooohoooo

and as to the claims 45mm dont make much of a difference mines is lowered on h&r's by 45mm and it does look considerbly better, and still a manageable ride high for the speedy bumps.

White Sti Hatch

A higher profile tire will fill the arch better. As i have said before, my wheels will be going on very soon then i will decided if i want to go 10-20mm lower.

Ill ask you the exact same thing mate, How do you know how low your car is using springs ?

Cool another newbie at a meet lol

A Euro'd one...

Ill ask you the exact same thing mate, How do you know how low your car is using springs ?

As i got them compressed by a company who deals with springs all day long, whereas when using coilovers it is hard to say exactly how low the car is unless its wound all the way down. I dont know why you seem so worried about the hight of my car, i take it your not to happy that there is a new clio on the block. I wish you all the best with your car, your going to be seeing a lot more of me so get used to it.

Mine...

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

josh mate do you know if there's enough room to lower it 45mm with that kit on it? mines will be on 17" low profiles so that will make it a bit higher.. what do you reckon? really like that kit, gives the car a whole diff look..

Its the sebring 'sport exhaust' from Renault, had it fitted by the dealer when purchased.. £300. Its just a backbox, gives a nice, quiet hum in the background nothing noisey at all. Its actually in at Renault now having the exhaust re-mounted and strengthened by them, and hopefully raised into a recess that'll be cut out of the rear splitter.

As for the lowering, I've been interested in dropping it about 30-45mm but worried that it won't give me enough ground clearance on the front of the car for certain speed bumps I pass over. If you've got 17s with say 40 profile tyres on it should compensate somewhat and you'll be slightly higher up than mine as standard anyway. Would get away with 30mm but anymore and I think you'll have a job on some speed bumps, with the front splitter catching.

yeah it's ashame really. To lower it enough to fix the rediculously huge arch spaces rules out any option for a body kit. Nice one renault.

White Sti Hatch
As i got them compressed by a company who deals with springs all day long, whereas when using coilovers it is hard to say exactly how low the car is unless its wound all the way down. I dont know why you seem so worried about the hight of my car, i take it your not to happy that there is a new clio on the block. I wish you all the best with your car, your going to be seeing a lot more of me so get used to it.

Lol im liking that mate, i dont care about your car im just saying what i see and its a good effort sorry to hear that you dont like to be giving some critasisum about your car mate but being on these forums id get used to it......

Dyno stop being so worried about the clearnance with 17s theres ample room go do down 45mm

i know mate i've already ordered the 45mm H&Rs, they come next friday :p

here's some new pics the cars just been buffed and polished...

car002fh7.jpg

Next step:

45mm springs

new alloys, higher tire profile and multispoke probably...

EDIT : just noticed you can see the V6 in the first pic 2nd car in from the left. lol.

Mine :)

image4ke0.jpg

Mine as a work in progress:

sl380242pq9.jpg

that the universal sports kit that was posted earlier in this thread?

How much mate...

classic body kit/ universal
77 11 230 483 front skirt
77 11 230 484 right skirt
77 11 230 485 left skirt
77 11 234 117 rear skirt
77 11 230 489 spoiler

its about 100quid a part from reno ;)

i got a huge bargin on mine though :rasp: :D :approve:

Its the sebring 'sport exhaust' from Renault, had it fitted by the dealer when purchased.. £300. Its just a backbox, gives a nice, quiet hum in the background nothing noisey at all. Its actually in at Renault now having the exhaust re-mounted and strengthened by them, and hopefully raised into a recess that'll be cut out of the rear splitter.

As for the lowering, I've been interested in dropping it about 30-45mm but worried that it won't give me enough ground clearance on the front of the car for certain speed bumps I pass over. If you've got 17s with say 40 profile tyres on it should compensate somewhat and you'll be slightly higher up than mine as standard anyway. Would get away with 30mm but anymore and I think you'll have a job on some speed bumps, with the front splitter catching.

ive been thinking the same as you be interesting to see

White Sti Hatch

I still dont understand why your worried about going 45mm down and hitting speed bumps there will still be plenty of clearance under your car front and rear to miss them

White Sti Hatch
Guarantee you it will be mate unless you decide to take a speed bump at 50 then its a diff story

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

:S If you measure the starting height its simple????

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

I still dont understand why your worried about going 45mm down and hitting speed bumps there will still be plenty of clearance under your car front and rear to miss them

Too much gheyness in this thread. Never got this whole speed hump issue tbh. My 172 Cup, 182 and 197 have been slammed on coilovers and not had any issues. Like said above do people normally hit speed humps at 50mph or something?? :S

No not at all, its just these particular speed bumps near me are ridiculous in height and with the front splitter fitted on the dynamique SX it obviously makes the front end quite abit closer to the ground (obviously wouldn't have the problem if without the splitter), then with lowering it, its going to make that clearance even less as you can imagine. Has nothing to do with the speed of approach to the speed humps, its just the initial clearance at the front of the car thats the issue. Occassionally see porsche's and other performance cars with little ground clearance, on this road having to zig-zag and carefully weave their way over the humps in the road.

Even had a problem the other day when the car was collected to go back to Renault for an issue to be fixed under warranty, the guy with the car transporter had trouble loading it onto his truck and ended up having to remove the front skirt/ splitter in order to get it safely up the ramps. He said he had only ever had this issue with certain megane sport models where its known to have to take the splitters off for loading them on and off ramps onto car transporters.

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Chill man :), the MK2 Reanult sports front bumper is lower to the ground than any MK3. (including SX spoliers imo)The MK3 is closer to the underbody. You wont have any issues.

even with the kit??I just measured, 45mm PLUS the subtle kit... wouldnt leave much room.

White Sti Hatch
Chill man :), the MK2 Reanult sports front bumper is lower to the ground than any MK3. (including SX spoliers imo)The MK3 is closer to the underbody. You wont have any issues.

What he said my cars body is no where near as low as a standard height Mk2 but my underbody is pritty much on the deck compaird to a standard Mk2 and the reason that is was so renault could create more room in the cab god damn them lol :rasp:

A Euro'd one...
Lol im liking that mate, i dont care about your car im just saying what i see and its a good effort sorry to hear that you dont like to be giving some critasisum about your car mate but being on these forums id get used to it......

I am open critasisum, im not open to someone claiming something that i know isn't true.

Received my car back from Renault today (was having the exhaust re-positioned and new, stronger mounts fitted).

Very pleased with the look of it now, much better with the cut out they've made into the rear skirt for the exhaust to sit in, and the amount of movement in it is considerably less now...

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

While I was out took a quick snap of the ground clearance of the front of the car, I reckon if dropped by 45mm it will only just clear that can in the pic (I know the ground may not be perfectly level but that height is still pretty accurate I reckon)...

DSC00153.jpg

Clio 1.2 16V tomtom 3dr
Received my car back from Renault today (was having the exhaust re-positioned and new, stronger mounts fitted).

Very pleased with the look of it now, much better with the cut out they've made into the rear skirt for the exhaust to sit in, and the amount of movement in it is considerably less now...

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

While I was out took a quick snap of the ground clearance of the front of the car, I reckon if dropped by 45mm it will only just clear that can in the pic (I know the ground may not be perfectly level but that height is still pretty accurate I reckon)...

DSC00153.jpg
Looks really nice m8 :)

^ thanks that gives me a rough idea, plus my wheels are 17"s so my car would be even higher, once i get these springs on im gonna have a serious think about getting that kit...

edit - some new pics..

61055188fv6.jpg

32954904pw6.jpg

40283628ku6.jpg

74394594uj2.jpg

Any one like those wheels atall :( I've gone right off em LOL

Last edited:
  E30 318iS x2
They don't help the 4X4 look with those low pro tyres on it, slamm it down a tocuh should suit better.