ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The most powerful 'chipped' 172 ever?

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Megane Mk4
sent him an email asking him to explain to me how his "superchip" will give him 32 Bhp on its own ;) ....
Oh.. and I bet he doesn't print it at the bottom either :D

Email sent:- ...

"Can you please tell me how you managed to get 32 Bhp from one chip please as if I remember correctly this is not possible, for you to get gains of 30 Bhp+, you would have to do lots of engine modifications to achieve this as the F7R Engine is difficult to modify power-wise, at the best of times. Either your lying or you don't know what your talking about."

Andi

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose it proves Renault's mechanics are in good order though if the engine can cover 100,000 miles +

And even if it's in poor condition, surely at £1,000 it's a steal. £500 to do it up, give it a very good wash/wax and a service and remove that shít ass superchip and get a proper ECU remap and it'd be good.

Providing the internals hold up....

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I questioned him last time he had it on, apparantly its had Cams as well, or so he says he was told by the previous owner. Reckons it will leave his mates standard 172 standing..... yeah, but of course its not been thrashed though! lol

Still, mileage wouldn't put me off, mines on 130k and going strong. I bidded on this one last week when it was on. Think it made something like £2650 though and still didn't reach reserve, so he's got it well overpriced

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  TDI tyre shreader
whys is it such a bag of s**t? because it has abit of carpark scratching on the arch, a badly touched up scratch below the filler cap and a pranged bumper?
i think its a bargain, would make an awesome cheap trackday car. cant see anything wrong really for a 100k+ car.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jones said:
whys is it such a bag of sh*t? because it has abit of carpark scratching on the arch, a badly touched up scratch below the filler cap and a pranged bumper?
i think its a bargain, would make an awesome cheap trackday car. cant see anything wrong really for a 100k+ car.

Agreed, i bid £2,000 on it, and would have been happy to pay that. Can't see it being worth the £2600+ that his reserve is though

People still pay £1500 for a valver with that mileage!