ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Motorist (Hub) Sherburn in Elmet

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone been here? Looks like they are aiming to be Yorkshires version of cafiene and machine and they seem to have a car club meet every Sunday. Could be a good place for some Yorkshire meets.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It looks pretty new and seems to have taken off with car clubs on a weekend. They are planning on opening a better cafe this year. If only we had an area rep to sort something out🙄😂.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Been a few times and it’s a really nice place.

Judging how busy it’s been over the winter months I reckon it’s gonna be pretty rammed over summer.

Looks interesting. I'd seen this other one Race Cafe on Facebook at Donny had been trying to get off the ground for a long time, think they finally broke ground in December.

When was the mystical laserquest originally planned? 😂

I haven't been since I was about 16, think it was at Rotherham Superbowl, remember seeing the Chuckle Brothers over the balcony out bowling with there family. They were actually doing "to me, to you" with a bowling ball and the kids sat there with a face that said ffs dad give it a rest.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200122-104750_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200122-104750_Facebook.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 13
  Golf Mk6 tdi
Looks interesting. I'd seen this other one Race Cafe on Facebook at Donny had been trying to get off the ground for a long time, think they finally broke ground in December.

When was the mystical laserquest originally planned? [emoji23]

I haven't been since I was about 16, think it was at Rotherham Superbowl, remember seeing the Chuckle Brothers over the balcony out bowling with there family. They were actually doing "to me, to you" with a bowling ball and the kids sat there with a face that said ffs dad give it a rest.

The race cafe I believe is owned by Ewen Sergisson.. owns a garage and a TVR or 2. He is also pretty handy on the track!

It’s about a 2 minute drive from my work too!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

When was the mystical laserquest originally planned? 😂

I think @leeds_182 tried organising it but noone wanted to play with him

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I’ve recently learnt of this place, I’ll be going over once/if my Clio makes it out the garage and back onto the road this year

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I went to the opening weekend, as previously mentioned it's a really cool place.
However, I fear it's going to become very busy, very quickly. Even now I've seen some of their make or model only meets littered with all sorts of motors. Not such a bad thing really, I'm waiting for it to become warmer before heading to any meets, likely the cars and coffee meet early March.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
On one of their videos the other week they said the field was getting hard cored to make more parking space. I guess there aren't enough places like this knocking about so another in Doncaster can only be a good thing.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Yeah there were loads of expansion plans and drawings on the walls, they have quite a bit of space to play with being at Sherburn Aero Club.
They have some nice and unique stuff in, these are my pics from last June.

The fields were just a bog at the time, a bit of limiter bashing to get out and I was reet as rain.

IMG_20190608_102545.jpg
IMG_20190608_104540.jpg
IMG_20190608_102529.jpg
IMG_20190608_102935.jpg
IMG_20190608_104209.jpg

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I’ve been a few times but fook me this queue is mental, they’ll be getting banned from holding events if it continues like this

this was for the Bangers and Cash meet

(you might want to fast forward it to about 7 minutes in)

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
It’s getting daft on Sundays now. Went with my other half a month or so ago and they had no one directing traffic or telling people where to park which led to people parking all over.

It was a nightmare.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
It’s getting daft on Sundays now. Went with my other half a month or so ago and they had no one directing traffic or telling people where to park which led to people parking all over.

It was a nightmare.
Yeah the first few times I went there were people telling you where to park but like you say more recently it’s a free for all.

it’ll end up becoming a victim of its own success if they’re not careful.

just been on their FB page and there and there are links to register your interest to go with a free ticket. Wonder if they’re trying keep control of the amount of people going.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I think the more organised events have required registering of interest.
I've been taking my kids over on a Sunday, they love it. Costs me money in hotwheels Everytime though.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been a few times but fook me this queue is mental, they’ll be getting banned from holding events if it continues like this

this was for the Bangers and Cash meet

(you might want to fast forward it to about 7 minutes in)

If it was ever that bad I'd turn around and leave. It's not worth it 🤣

Locals are definitely gonna start complaining if they dont sort it out.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I think the more organised events have required registering of interest.
I've been taking my kids over on a Sunday, they love it. Costs me money in hotwheels Everytime though.
In may they are doing The Saturday Motorist Club ft Porsche Club GB, but it’s being held on Sunday 21st and it’s a ticketed event (£20
Each).

100% they’ll still get people turning up expecting the usual free Sunday meet.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
In may they are doing The Saturday Motorist Club ft Porsche Club GB, but it’s being held on Sunday 21st and it’s a ticketed event (£20
Each).

100% they’ll still get people turning up expecting the usual free Sunday meet.
Which is the point they need staff at the end of the lane turning people away. I think C&M went ticketed for most events even general stuff (I've still never been there)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It only really causes issues when they have the big events which they are going to be going ticket for.

The normal Saturday and Sunday events don’t have long queues like that. It was ridiculous on that bangers and cash event though.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
It’s all kicking off on the motorist FB page about tomorrow’s Porsche club GB event. As far as I understand it the club have hired the venue and they are the ones charging £20 pp (you get a buttie and drink included in that).

What I can’t understand is the Motorist let them hire it on a Sunday. Sunday’s are usually the free event that’s open to the public. So there’s a lot of regulars that are throwing their toys out of the pram.

I booked tickets to go back in February and thought it was a typo that it was on a Sunday, but it wasn’t and the fallout I expected has happened.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It’s all kicking off on the motorist FB page about tomorrow’s Porsche club GB event. As far as I understand it the club have hired the venue and they are the ones charging £20 pp (you get a buttie and drink included in that).

What I can’t understand is the Motorist let them hire it on a Sunday. Sunday’s are usually the free event that’s open to the public. So there’s a lot of regulars that are throwing their toys out of the pram.

I booked tickets to go back in February and thought it was a typo that it was on a Sunday, but it wasn’t and the fallout I expected has happened.
There's some melts about. Why are they complaining when 99% of the time it's free? Bet they don't even buy anything whilst there and because they're 'regulars' deserve a plaque on the wall.

You just know they're 50 years old, drive a lowered mondeo and wear total 90s.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
There's some melts about. Why are they complaining when 99% of the time it's free? Bet they don't even buy anything whilst there and because they're 'regulars' deserve a plaque on the wall.

You just know they're 50 years old, drive a lowered mondeo and wear total 90s.
Probably the same people are the reason motorist keeps having to put No rev’s and no loud music in their posts (all the Karen’s have been moaning about that too)

To be honest I’m amazed (but glad) that the motorist still has the regular meets and that their neighbors haven’t had them stopped yet

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I can imagine it's a f**king nightmare trying to host regular events. There's always some right bellends turn up, behave like dickheads and cause problems.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
When me and Jim went last, we turned round in the queue (for a ticketed event).
The queue had 70% cars you wanted to see attend. The remaining 30 were A3 TDi's.
The latter, will be the ones kicking off about the Porsche event.