ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Netherlands

182 Cup
I've seen it posted a few times on here that Renaultsport Clios sell for very strong money in the Netherlands, and now I've just seen that even interiors are worth a good sum of money!

So why is it? Is the general car market out there much stonger and prices of all cars are generally higher? Or are the Renaultsports considerably more rare and sought after?

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
problem in The Netherlands is you pay alot of tax (bpm) over a new car.
for instance when a car bought new from factory in the UK it will cost 100k, in The Netherlands that would be somewhere around 150k....

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, in addition to VAT we have a special car tax here on new cars...
I was looking into getting a trophy from switzerland a while ago, but then i'd have to pay VAT and a percentage of the car tax (-1% for every month the car is older) still came out above 10K €
So I went looking in germany and belgium, even france...same prices there.

actually i'm looking to get most of my aftermarket parts from the UK because it is cheaper including shipping sometimes...and then there is the discount from the Cliosport traders....

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
My sister lives in the netherlands and not far from her I saw a vee forsale it was crazy money they are bait twice the
price over there think it's the same in france too!

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
We're just fooked :(

Also the UK has lots more car tuning enthousiasts! So parts are far more available and because of that prices are much better too!

172 Cup plus more
I live in the Netherlands due to my work and I keep both my cars on uk plates and registered at my mums as the bpm import tax so high, I get round this as the cars are never in the country more than a month as I drive to my house in France, the law is if it's in the country more than 3 months it much be registered

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
lol, hence the Polish guys who live here for years...

i don't know the rules but yu could just go to France, come back 1 day later and say: i wen't out of the country so the 3 months starts over again?