ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Barge! 6 Cylinders and Boost Content.

S4 Avant
So with the Clio becoming more and more unreliable, and a list of things catching up on me that needed fixing, I packed it in.

Been looking for one of these for a good 18 months now, but only seriously started looking for the last couple of months. Seen a few interesting ones pop up for sale in that time, and a lot of overpriced high mileage examples.

This one popped up on eBay as it happens, seriously rare colour, fairly high mileage and overpriced, but it looked tidy enough. Sent the guy an email, went to view it and made him an offer. Just picked it up today!

So I give to you, the Audi S4 Avant.

These are the sellers pictures but I should get a few up of my own tomorrow once its had a good wash!

8106546629_b799f75aba.jpg

027 by Dave_88, on Flickr

8106546407_e6e56e6645.jpg

028 by Dave_88, on Flickr

8106566192_f73983aa34.jpg

$T2eC16hHJGkE9no8jDqpBQQQDPK++!~~60_12 by Dave_88, on Flickr

and one of her at the new home!

8106550037_4bace46674.jpg

IMG_1290 by Dave_88, on Flickr

Good cleaning will commence tomorrow, more detailed pictures to be added.

I'm f*cking loving it though, 6 cylinders sound awesome and the power is so effortless! So glad I've taken the plunge!

22 mpg hurts though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I find it ironic that you've bought a 2.7T Audi because your clio became unreliable.

Good luck! x

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Although they're not old, they've kind of reached old school cool status.

S4 Avant
Front bumper has aged badly. But from every angle they really don't look like 11 year old cars.

I love how subtle it is as well. Drove through town earlier and no one, not a soul looked at me. Was a weird feeling!

n2x

e60/f10
Awesomesauce. Audis are epic, bought myself this bad boy and its a dream to drive. 3.0tdi Q so waiting for the winter. How´s the Avant working out for you, do you notice the long butt while manouvering or just driving?
ZXKBOCDB0JOJ_0.jpg

Ive got a soft spot for these after my uncle owned one, really like them alot :approve:

My uncle had his over a year & didnt have any trouble, he fitted FK coilovers & 19" RS4s to his too & a full decatted straight through exhaust & omg the noise was something else it was addictive so didnt do the mpg any good haha. The exhaust was a nitemare to fit aswell :( but id defo recommend fitting one. Hopefully my youtube link will work.

http://youtu.be/bPH4lndPl68

(link works but the quality has gone s**t)

A97DD011-1A1A-47D8-9FE6-0FA04A2AC270-573-00000058D62B6DBE.jpg

S4 Avant
Cheers gents!

Awesomesauce. Audis are epic, bought myself this bad boy and its a dream to drive. 3.0tdi Q so waiting for the winter. How´s the Avant working out for you, do you notice the long butt while manouvering or just driving?

The 4wd is going to make winter a lot easier this year indeed! Not noticed the size of the avant yet, but then again I've not really tried parking or maneuvers in it. Certainly don't notice it's there in normal driving!

2014 Clio 200t edc
Ive got a soft spot for these after my uncle owned one, really like them alot :approve:

My uncle had his over a year & didnt have any trouble, he fitted FK coilovers & 19" RS4s to his too & a full decatted straight through exhaust & omg the noise was something else it was addictive so didnt do the mpg any good haha. The exhaust was a nitemare to fit aswell :( but id defo recommend fitting one. Hopefully my youtube link will work.

http://youtu.be/bPH4lndPl68

(link works but the quality has gone s**t)

An old boss of mine had one of these, awesome beast. He racked up 15 points in his but kept his license thanks to a very good solicitor!! Managed to get a short drive in it, only once mind!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice. I'd love one but too much of a sissy to have one unless it was a second car.

S4 Avant
That's awesome.

Did you sell the clio Dave?

Nope, Clios still on the drive, just taken the tax and insurance off it. Contemplating a trailer and getting into track days

Yeah it sounded really nice and throaty, couldn't really hear it inside :)

Awesome! It sounds so good revving it out to 6500-7000 revs. But the fuel gauge moves every time I do it :dapprove:

Financial ruin within 6 months. Nice cars though.

Knows it. Next service is 3300 miles and its coming up for a cambelt in the next 10,000 so I best get saving!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Knows it. Next service is 3300 miles and its coming up for a cambelt in the next 10,000 so I best get saving!

Replace the thermostat when you do the belt, my 2.8 v6 needed a new stat, bought it (without doing the proper research tbh) and found it was a belt off job!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I really like that, it needs new wheels though. Do eeeeeet.

Oh and you'll be bored of the obscurity soon, then go and buy a silly two seater... trust me.

Very nice.

Got a real soft spot for these, although for me it would be a Noggy saloon. It's a facelift from the looks of it, so it should be marginally more reliable than they have a name for.

Financial issues start when the turbos start playing funny buggers as it's a full engine out job to replace them, unless you can do it yourself, the labour can mount up quickly.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
your such a homer Davey, what the hell is that thing? is the clio parked inside its ample arse? ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL @ buying one of those because the Clio was too unreliable. :eek:

I really hope it doesn't munch its turbos on you.

S4 Avant
I'll be seeing you soon then darling :approve:

Next weekend yes, but hopefully outside of your working hours!

I really like that, it needs new wheels though. Do eeeeeet.

Oh and you'll be bored of the obscurity soon, then go and buy a silly two seater... trust me.

New wheels won't happen, like the Avus wheels tbh. They need powder coating though, since the finish has bubbled and corroded in places.

Anonymity is nice at the minute. It's also a hell of a lot nicer to take a group of 4 ladies around in. They can all fit in for a start.

Very nice.

Got a real soft spot for these, although for me it would be a Noggy saloon. It's a facelift from the looks of it, so it should be marginally more reliable than they have a name for.

Financial issues start when the turbos start playing funny buggers as it's a full engine out job to replace them, unless you can do it yourself, the labour can mount up quickly.

It is a facelift indeed, one piece headlights, slightly different tailgate, revised turbos (hopefully more reliable) and digital clock and computer features. I'm well aware of what I've let myself in for!

You're a braver man than me thats for sure lol.

Great cars though, have always fancied an RS4 of that era. Im too much of a pussy though.

B5 RS4s are still fetching silly money for even the highest mileage examples! It's something I've been looking into for ages, so I've done my homework before taking the plunge. The guy who owned it previously had it 8 years, and kept every stamp, invoice and MOT for it, and it's only ever let him down twice. Both of which were mistakes made by York Audi!

your such a homer Davey, what the hell is that thing? is the clio parked inside its ample arse? ;)

This thing darling is a land barge. It goes f**king quickly in most conditions, and won't get it's little 4WD arse stuck in the forecast snow next week ;)

I'll have to come by and take you for a spin, you'll be converted!

LOL @ buying one of those because the Clio was too unreliable. :eek:

I really hope it doesn't munch its turbos on you.

The clio was getting boring as well tbf. Needed something more grown up (although I might have gone to the other extreme here!) and something that didn't make me look like a complete bellend in front of everyone. Still got it, but its taken a back seat. Since getting the Audi not one of my mates has said "Dave your car's s**t" which makes a nice change!