ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new cruiser..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well after deciding not to sell the Leon I got contacted by someone who was local and really wanted one. Me being me couldnt pass a sale. I dont know whats wrong with me. So round comes a chap in his 40's with his wife and Dad to view the car. Was all very weird to be honest. It was like something off the undateables. Any way he was nice enough and bought the car.

Now, what to buy? I didnt have to buy something straight away but driving the mrs MCS soon gets annoying with the worst fuel consumption ever. Decided I wanted to look at some E46 330d's. I found one in Devon and one in Birmingham. Went view both, both lemons. Rust, mashed wheels. Both needed bushes supprise supprise.

So after a unsuccessful weekend I thought i'd give up when a mate told me about a E90 320d going cheap as the guys off to Aus this week. I went to view the car and got it for a very good price. Guy had owned it 3 years, needed the sale and was fed up of messers. Done deal. Just needs some new pads on the rear.

BMW1_zps8e652ed1.jpg

Not my first choice but at least its driven by the right wheels. Its lovely to drive and in great condition with FSH. Lets see how long it lasts..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Think it may need spacers on the rear..shocking offset! lol

BMW2_zpsf9c1d4e9.jpg

Also been offered a Mtec kit for it but tbh I dont really want to spend any money on it.

Always looked like clean & tidy models to me, though there's something about that rear wheel now you've mentioned it, doesn't look right at all :S

I guess its the offset, but it looks completely wrong to the front? (I know spacers will fix it, but are they normally this weird?)

I think it's probably just down to the fact you've mentioned it!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Always looked like clean & tidy models to me, though there's something about that rear wheel now you've mentioned it, doesn't look right at all :S

I guess its the offset, but it looks completely wrong to the front? (I know spacers will fix it, but are they normally this weird?)

I think it's probably just down to the fact you've mentioned it!

It doesnt look as bad as it does in that pic tbh..lol! I caught it at a bad angle. It could do coming out 10mm though.

Has it got staggered wheels? have they been fitted the wrong way around? :eek:

Really lovely motor though, how's the interior? Spec?

Interior is the half leather and it's a SE sadly as you can tell. Ive been offered the Mtec kit for it but tbh i dont think the SE looks that bad. Not as bad as the 46's anyway.

Looks nice, as Rob said, those wheels look odd. Might be worth checking the tyre widths on the sidewalls, make sure the wider ones are at the back.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Wider ones are at the rear. It doesnt looks as bad as that pic looks. Caught it at a dodgy angle.

Does anyone know if the rear badges on these just pull off?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
First problem in just over a week. ABS pressure sensor. Going to cost me £250 tomos. :(

Seems to be a very (very) common problem. Who says german cars are more reliable...lol

172, Tiguan
Nice car. Are the wheels genuine or fakes? If they are genuine then someone has bought 4 fronts. Nothing a spacer won't sort though.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
They are genuine wheels but as you say I have found out they are 4 fronts. Not staggered. I'm going to look out for some rears or tbh I may just change them for something a little "nicer" but unsure on 18's or 19's.

Leon Cupra 300
Watch out with those MV3's too if you're after some different ones.

I learnt the other day that the LCI MV3's that look identical have a different offset to the pre-lci.. How the later wheels would sit on the earlier car I have no idea.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ah really? Thanks for the advice. I need to look in to what offsets work with these..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well it's had it's first clean.

IMG_20130402_122131_zpsf5a9ddfb.jpg

Loving it tbh as a comfy cruiser. Next step, some eibach springs to bring it down. Maybe a remap as i'm missing the pace of the Leon although it goes well for what it is..

I might also invest in some corner splitters a la-

E90%2006-08%20OEM%20Style%20Front%20Splitters.jpg

Z4
Yeah if I did ever have a 46 it would have to be a facelift and preferably a m3 ;)

They don't make a facelift M3, unfortunately. Unless you're just talking about the led lights, etc, I like the later headlights on the 330 etc.

Nice barge, doesn't excite much but it's a good engine. My mate just got an e90 330d tourer, says he's disappointed with the wind noise at speed?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
BBBOOORRRIIIIINNNNNGGGGG. told you to get another clio ;)

Tis to be honest Scotty! I'll get a fun car again soon. Just do too many miles! Looking in to a cheap second track car..

Really do nothing for me :(

M3/335 or nout!

I tend to agree tbh.

Those rear wheels do look proper strange, even in your new pics!?
Almost like they've got different profile tyres

I think the main problem is 18's on SE suspension. I get dizzy its so high.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice barge, doesn't excite much but it's a good engine. My mate just got an e90 330d tourer, says he's disappointed with the wind noise at speed?

Silly but has it got oem wiper blades? Non OEM apparently make a racket for some reason!

Leon Cupra 300
I've just put mine onto Eibach Pro's.. Looks great.

The M Sports are perfect on the back but sit high on the front. This kit is meant to drop the back 0mm and the front 20mm. I'd say it's more like 5mm - 15mm (which is perfect)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've just put mine onto Eibach Pro's.. Looks great.

The M Sports are perfect on the back but sit high on the front. This kit is meant to drop the back 0mm and the front 20mm. I'd say it's more like 5mm - 15mm (which is perfect)

Awesome. Hows the ride? I've heard its better than oem..lol

Couldnt get a pic could you?

Leon Cupra 300
Ill try sort some in the next few days.

Its a harder ride but it deals with bumps etc better. So all round more comfy.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Not what I was expecting! Deffo needs the wheels sorting

It was you who had the E46 330ci with the rust wasn't it? Or was that Vein..

TomSX.. You had a 330 didn't you?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
A little boring isnt it! But i got it for a good price.. ;) Just ordered some Eibachs to bring it down a bit. I keep thinking of getting something fun but i'm saving for a house at the moment. A DC5 is an idea.

Yeah mate the front arches rusted on my 46 but i replaced them etc.

530151_10152012603520374_1351226707_n.jpg

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
DC5 would be fun! (DC2 would be more fun though ;) :p )

Ah I remember your E46, and was it Vein who had the Black one?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
DC5 would be fun! (DC2 would be more fun though ;) :p )

Ah I remember your E46, and was it Vein who had the Black one?

Theyre a little old for me now. Mind you there's many cars going through my mind at the moment. (As you tend to when you have a boring car and too much time to think about it)

Yep Vein still has his black one and still modding it too.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Eibach Prolines fitted and remapped to 209bhp - 310ft/lbs. Makes it much more interesting to drive although still considering selling it..lol

IMG_20130512_174801_zps54e72f64.jpg

IMG_20130512_174811_zpse8945571.jpg

I've also bought 20mm rear spacers but I need spigot rings to fit them. Next up, full alignment.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Think it may need spacers on the rear..shocking offset! lol

BMW2_zpsf9c1d4e9.jpg

Also been offered a Mtec kit for it but tbh I dont really want to spend any money on it.

Christ! Never noticed that they were that tucked before. Weird.

​Are they genuine wheels?