ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Dell Latitude Notebook Range.

I really like HP stuff, and I was starting to go off Dell stuff, then they release this!

Grr.. upsetting.. I'm really liking the new E series stuff - even the peripherals look awesome.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
We just got a batch of the Optiplex 755 desktop's, they have funky mice

Complete PITA making up new builds tho, as AHCI is on as default and normal XP installs don't f**king work. Have had to fudge the chipset drivers to make it work :(

Rav4
I have always had problems with HP laptops unfortunately, dells have always been great, however for desktops, I have always preferred HP's instead of dells.

Lovely range though, really nice, they make me think a bit of IBM thinkpads. :eek:

Better than yours. C*nt.
Love the new Dell laptops, our account manager is sorting us an E4200 for delivery on release date, as we've got around 100 of the D430s... Yum!

Price tag at release is looking to be around the £2k mark though if you get the 64GB Flash drive etc.

Clio 197 F1 & 911 C2S
Yep, the new E series Latitudes look very nice. I sent one of my guys along to the launch last week and he was pretty impressed...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/noteb...-Launches-E-Series-Latitude-Notebook-Range/p1

The Montevina platform should ensure improved performance and battery life over the outgoing Santa Rosa models too.

Dell has promised to get me review samples very soon, so I'll see how they compare to the likes of the new ThinkPads soon. Personally I think that the ThinkPad X300 is the best notebook money can buy right now, although the X301 has already been announced, which throws Centrino 2 (Montevina) into the mix.

Hmm.
Still not E4200 on the scene.. really want to get one in place of my D420.

Infact, this is about the first laptop range I think has actually beaten my Macbook Pro in terms of looks.. seriously. Infact, the E4200 is probably the best looking laptop I've ever, ever seen.. bar anything else.

Come on Dell.. get releasing!!!! :)

I don't even care if I'm a geek.. they look immense.. and looks are important :p

does look good tbh..price though? £500 for a d430 odd

£500 for a D430?! You're getting big discounts - they start at like £699 and you always need extra stuff.
All the quotes I do end up around £1000+ for the D430 after you've made them decent. (altho, I've not done one for a month or so, so they are probably dropping the prices big time to get rid of all the old parts in preperation for the new E series!)

The E4200 is also SSD only etc. I'm calling £800 for the base spec.

05 Clio DCi65/92 Surf 2.4
gutted the new range wasnt out sooner I just got 10 new D630's in at work. The E series they are changing docking stations and everything but they look good though!

gutted the new range wasnt out sooner I just got 10 new D630's in at work. The E series they are changing docking stations and everything but they look good though!

The D630 replacements are on the web site now.. and you can order them. Last I heard tho, they were delayed in production.