ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the new kit from k-tec (clio mk2)

ex Clio 172 owner :(

I cant comment on these threads anymore.

Im banned from doing so.

That k-tec building needs torching though.

Nah, I will comment. Back and side arent too bad, seen worse.

Front looks daft. Too Jap. Doesnt suit it at all. Stick a 172 front bumper on.

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 18 June 2005 at 4:45pm]

Honestly? Front looks ridiculous, doesnt suit the Clio at all. If I was spending up to a grand on my 1.2 16V it would be coilovers and a few minor engine mods, then you would have a seriously entertaining car on the twisties.

[Edited by ukaskew on 18 June 2005 at 5:00pm]

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

thats H&R coilover money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get the H&Rs, some uprated discs and pads and go DRIVE IT!

--chris

Mazda MX5 1.8

back is alright but sides are really boxy and front well....... no

at least ur individual and doing what you like/want!!

what colour??

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

It stands out,so if thats what you want you should go for it!

The back is the best part of the kit IMO.

A silver Honda

Quote: Originally posted by Tucks on 18 June 2005The back is the best part of the kit IMO.

lol, thats what i thought. Same with the Mk1 kombat kit.

The rear is the only bit that actually suits the car.

Engles Mummy

£700 for some fibre glass lol

i got some kits m8 for £400 inc spoilers, eyebrows, primed & 1st class p&p!

dont waste your money on k-tec, its not like your getting betting quality.

adam

2004 Clio 1.2 16v

i like it but i think it would look alot better with the side smoothed and the skirts smoothed into the bodywork.....just too much happening on the sides

front is ok but the reno badge is sticking out a bit think the gap bits wud look better with bars or lighter coloured mesh....

rear bumper is nice i do like that.....perhaps in a diff color the kit would look better so someone shud photoshop it

dont think the spoiler suits the kit that need somthing a bit meat-ier and more unusual

overall tho if i had to id buy it :)

[Edited by BlackClio16v on 19 June 2005 at 8:02am]

absolute fuckinf w**k!!!!!

the drawings made the kit look respectable, they however, failed miserably when trying to emulate this in the real world production

coilovers would be a FAR better way to spend the money, plus they will actually improve the car overall, as opposed to the kit that would only make you popular with the chav underworld

dont like it. As bryan says somewhere between the drawingboard and the car things went wrong. Doesnt look bad in the sketches but the finished article looks cack. Spend the money on coilovers instead IMO.

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 19 June 2005

the drawings made the kit look respectable, they however, failed miserably when trying to emulate this in the real world production

coilovers would be a FAR better way to spend the money, plus they will actually improve the car overall, as opposed to the kit that would only make you popular with the chav underworld
zactly.. :)

big red bus

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 18 June 2005

Nah, I will comment. Back and side arent too bad, seen worse.

Front looks daft. Too Jap. Doesnt suit it at all. Stick a 172 front bumper on.
I was thinking the same thing :D

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Lloyd v on 19 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 19 June 2005

zactly.. :)
dont be a car snob. that rear section with diffuser looks nice if renault bring something like that out i.e the next RS will have a rear air dam then everyone will be prasing it.

i agree with the above ktec comment though. ktec cant do decent stuff there not interested in real serious tuning, just making money from peopl who want tacky things.

BBPT are much better... better still GDI.

my advise get the rear setion, get a 172 front bumber. coilovers.

Golf R/Leon FR

not my cuppa tea the whole thing is awful apart from the wheels.

i agree with what most on here have said get coilovers on it instead or get a 172. much better way to spend your money!!!