ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I can cast from my P30Pro to my LG TV from certain apps, not that I've done it, I just get a notification asking if I want to.

Still undecided on the Pixel 7 tbh as I don't need it. Might wait until people have had them for a bit and go from there.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I want the 7, but it's gonna cost me 120 quid to end my current contract 😭 probably worth doing for the free watch tbf

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Didn’t quite realise the size of the P7 Pro!!
I feel like the iPhone 11 Pro is the perfect size

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the 11 pro is a lovely size as is the the 12 and 13 even with the sharper sides. No way I could go back to a small screen sadly. But yeah the 11 pro is a great shape and size.

In green it's a special..

MG38-600x450.jpg

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Looking forward to my 14 arriving, my XS max took a big impact when I came off a moped recently and landed on my side, with the phone in my pocket, lol. Let's hope Apple don't dig too deep as it's going their way as a trade in 😂 Tbf the case did its job, phone still looks in good condition. Case is absolutely fucked though.

E23B2E9A-D4B8-4A22-BB94-63E87FC60AEE.jpeg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Haven't read all the responses, but has anyone gone from iPhone to Pixel? Curious as to what your thoughts are.

A few years ago I had a brief foray from the iPhone 6S to the Samsung S9. Ended up switching back once my contract had ran it's course, as I didn't massively get on with it. Thought the whole UI was cumbersome and complicated, and found it very annoying how it took an age to take a picture. I replaced it with an 11 pro which just seemed to work so much better - the only feature I really missed was the fingerprint unlock on the back

Missus has gone through everything. Had BlackBerry when I met her lol, then iPhone, then Windows Phone, then Android for a couple of phones... then back to iPhone and now on Pixel 6!

Not had it long. She loves the camera. There seems to be a bit of an issue with notifications not always coming in, drives me mad more than her because it makes her hard to get hold of! Personally don't like the size either but that's just my issue with bigger phones.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Been apple forever and currently rocking a 12 Pro Max for the past year and a bit.

I really like the Samsung fold but unsure if I will regret the switch. Anyone on here got one?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking of going for a Pixel 7pro to replace my S21U, mainly due to the free watch deal

Not a huge fan of the S22u styling unfortunately or I'd just pick one of them

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Been apple forever and currently rocking a 12 Pro Max for the past year and a bit.

I really like the Samsung fold but unsure if I will regret the switch. Anyone on here got one?

If you're a through and through iPhone man I'd just wait for the inevitable flip screen iPhone 😜

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Pixel 7 arrived today, I'm a little underwhelmed by it on my first impressions being brutally honest.
Maybe I need some more time with it to get it setup how I like.
Took a few shots outside at work today, wasn't impressed with some of the images - badly focussed / sun spots / overly enhanced colours.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Bad images. 😂 how the hell do you take bad images with any pixel!

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Bad images. [emoji23] how the hell do you take bad images with any pixel!
Best quality it would let me upload before the pay wall. My old phone would have done a better job I'm sure.
Even typing this message is worse, am I just old and don't understand tech now lol
1bbf4d93b5fa28006e3c0c1e92f06fd3.jpg
4a9698c8827c2fe82fe6f47040a95584.jpg
8d7f86f91b753afb64c90660a4d4206f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Something not right there. Also double check for any updates, with it being a new phone.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A mixture of shots on the s22u. Mostly on 3x probably. The one that was quite striking was the one of Luca. The natural sensor depth from a smart phone is insane. No portrait fakery.

Very crisp at times.

20221015_113326.jpg
20221015_110827.jpg
20221015_101614.jpg
20221015_101237.jpg
20221015_090547.jpg
20221015_141245.jpg
20221015_155239.jpg

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
A mixture of shots on the s22u. Mostly on 3x probably. The one that was quite striking was the one of Luca. The natural sensor depth from a smart phone is insane. No portrait fakery.

Very crisp at times.

View attachment 1616331View attachment 1616332View attachment 1616333View attachment 1616334View attachment 1616335View attachment 1616336View attachment 1616337
What you doing down here! Did you drink the water?

Random picture taken on Pixel 4, which to me looks as good as the 7 above, would have hoped for a bigger improvement given its 3 generations back!

PXL_20220615_123942925.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's also a s**t picture in fairness. 😂

Down for a long weekend sight seeing

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
That's also a s**t picture in fairness. 😂

Down for a long weekend sight seeing
Yes its just a random one - was trying to find one into the sun for a direct comparison but can't find many.

The S22 pics do look super sharp!

Only 'in to the sun' pics I can find on my google pics - so they are compressed I believe. Not sure where the bottom one is focusing.

PXL_20220527_190249121.jpg

PXL_20220716_194827095.jpg