ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new Whip!

Trophy #473
Sold the 172 a few weeks ago for £1500 (was only on PH for 3 days) and went to pick this up yesterday afternoon! Number 473, 55 reg with 30k on the clocks.
I thought the 172 handled well but this is just on another plannet! It feels so planted, turn in is so precise and the seats are amazing. Not my usual camera hence it looks pink. Im also Off to Le Mans on wednesday evening so got the car just in time, changing the gearbox and engine oil tomorrow evening for peace of mind before I go too. Needs a bit of a clean inside and the paint could do with some correction but I prefer to drive my cars than polish them ;)

I was looking a ph1 Vee's but I think I made the right choice and its everything I could want from a car at the moment.

Nathan

SDC10097.jpg

SDC10098.jpg

SDC10099.jpg

SDC10100.jpg

SDC10102.jpg

SDC10103.jpg

SDC10105.jpg

Trophy #473
yeah, 100k, no service history since Ive owned just a few recipts, front bumper wasnt in the best condition and wheels needed a refurb, PAS had started leaking from somewhere, exhaust was ready to fall off... again...

to name but a few issues.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Looks really nice and its one of the last ones :)

I'm off to Le Mans wednesday too. Getting the 8pm Train. I'm in a DB7 GT :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
yeah, 100k, no service history since Ive owned just a few recipts, front bumper wasnt in the best condition and wheels needed a refurb, PAS had started leaking from somewhere, exhaust was ready to fall off... again...

to name but a few issues.

FLOL!! You did good getting £1500 for it then! lol.

audi a6 3.0tdi
The trophey is the only other clio i'd own unless they make something extremly special out of the new one.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Stunning. Best standard car I've owned by a mile, Trophy no 498.

Enjoy it, I'd be tempted to get a pre-emptive damper rebuild.

Trophy #473
Thanks for all the comment. The fronts seem ok for now, havea the 5mm gap above the resovoir, theres a bit of a knocking from the rear ive noticed over bumpy ground, but none of the rears are leaking etc, so maybe the exhaust. The passanger Recaro has a bit of play in the back rest part compaired to the driver side, but other than that its pretty good! Ive put the majority of my Le Mans Vinyls on the car now, just some massive door ones to put on :) Pics will follow!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
very nice. I will get slated for this but the only thing that lets down the trophy is the lack of xenon's and height. Regardless of how good the suspension is. I'd still get Eibachs. A proven spring thats not going to shag the handling!

nice upgrade tho.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
very nice. I will get slated for this but the only thing that lets down the trophy is the lack of xenon's and height. Regardless of how good the suspension is. I'd still get Eibachs. A proven spring thats not going to shag the handling!

nice upgrade tho.
The suspension travel isn't great on the 1*2's, springs just reduce that. Would be pointless on the Trophy to lower it on springs, goes against the whole purpose of the Sach's!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thanks for all the comment. The fronts seem ok for now, havea the 5mm gap above the resovoir, theres a bit of a knocking from the rear ive noticed over bumpy ground, but none of the rears are leaking etc, so maybe the exhaust. The passanger Recaro has a bit of play in the back rest part compaired to the driver side, but other than that its pretty good! Ive put the majority of my Le Mans Vinyls on the car now, just some massive door ones to put on :) Pics will follow!

We did the old vinyls thing a few years ago. As least you know whos going to Le Mans when they have a HUGE 24 on the side :)

n512419217_81863_35101.gif

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The suspension travel isn't great on the 1*2's, springs just reduce that. Would be pointless on the Trophy to lower it on springs, goes against the whole purpose of the Sach's!

Oh i agree...100% but i still couldn't deal with the height!

Trophy #473
m4rkie23 - are you going to Le Mans this year? Our vinyls are a bit differnt tho lol, but all will be revealed!