ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The not so smart phone

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Hey guys,
Well after many years on the iPhone platform, i have decided to go back to basics. Realised that i spent more time immersed in my smart phone rather than engaging with the world around me. Much of it a result of work requirements and having to be connected etc but blatantly admit to RSI in my thumbs from constant use :) Thankfully i have not fallen into the trap of social media.

But unfortunately many of my day to day necessities have relied upon certain apps to get me by, i.e. emails, Internet banking, password management apps, weather forecasts, news, gps and maps, and a host of other nifty apps.

So just last week i brought myself a good ole Nokia 215 that i will run alongside my iPhone until i can decouple from it slowly. Will see how it works out, anyhow took a while for me to acknowledge it and do something about it. Hoping to find a nice balance, whatever that means :)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I know what you mean. I think I've got to a nice place with my iPhone now though. Use virtually no apps (other than Justeat/banking app/internet).

I remember when I first uninstalled Facebook, my battery life doubled.... and I'm not even popular!!!

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I'm getting faster texting on the nokia, as its no where near as fast but, will get there.. I almost feel free, but not entirely yet... :)

Clio 197
I have often toyed with the idea of doing this ..however I fear I (and the rest of us) are gradually becoming more reliant on anything and everything that smartphones offer and the convenience that comes with it. Give it a few years and we will all be in too deep.

But, keep up the good work :)

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I have often toyed with the idea of doing this ..however I fear I (and the rest of us) are gradually becoming more reliant on anything and everything that smartphones offer and the convenience that comes with it. Give it a few years and we will all be in too deep.

But, keep up the good work :)
I hear ya... I am struggling but there is light at the end . I think ! Ie. Now only taking the Nokia out and leaving the iPhone at home , dependent on outing.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Personally I'd rather just change how I used a smart phone.

Remove all email accounts, all social media apps. Then all you've got is a tool and a phone.

The phone can be used for phone stuff, the tool, for when you get lost and need a map, or need to see what time your next bus/train is.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Personally I'd rather just change how I used a smart phone.

Remove all email accounts, all social media apps. Then all you've got is a tool and a phone.

The phone can be used for phone stuff, the tool, for when you get lost and need a map, or need to see what time your next bus/train is.
Yeah I feel as though I am so integrated and dependent upon certain daily apps to run my life that your suggestion isn't entirely out of the question.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Get off your smart phone hahahaha
oErIIZU.jpg