ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Official Cliosport.net 3D Thread

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
What would people recommend for a film that really is great in 3D?

Brother wants one for Christmas but not having a 3D TV I have no idea what works well.

Audi S1
Avatar is the best 3D movie. Although I bought mine a couple of months back and still haven't watched it lol. Only seen it in the cinema.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
What would people recommend for a film that really is great in 3D?

Brother wants one for Christmas but not having a 3D TV I have no idea what works well.

Despicable Me is the best 3D movie I've ever seen.

Despicable Me is indeed fantastic, but I'd have to say that Avatar is the pinnacle of active shutter home 3D. It's the ultimate movie in terms of drawing you into its fantasy world, and 3D just takes it that extra mile into complete and total immersion. Without doubt the best audio visual experience I've ever had, and that's a bold statement.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Despicable Me is indeed fantastic, but I'd have to say that Avatar is the pinnacle of active shutter home 3D. It's the ultimate movie in terms of drawing you into its fantasy world, and 3D just takes it that extra mile into complete and total immersion. Without doubt the best audio visual experience I've ever had, and that's a bold statement.

I agree its very good but it's all depth, no pop.

Despicable Me has both and is therefore, IMO, the better showcase.

I love both movies but if I was to pick one to showcase my TVs 3D capabilities it would be Despicable Me.

Not everyone likes pop though so this point alone needs to be considered.

Avatar looks just as amazing in 2D as it does in 3D.

Titanium 182
Got a 47" sony 3d LED tv with the proper active glasses, bought "The journey 2" 3D blu ray to try it out. Was meh, rather just watch the 2D film. Probably didn't help that the film was dreadful, just looked funny having the rock as the main actor.

They're both movies that I would happily demo to anyone interested in 3D, and luckily they're both awesome films anyway.

EDIT: Aluco? Blast from the past??