ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The old PS3 vs 360 debate

dk

911 GTS Cab
Presumably as you lot go with the masses you are also in favour of the labour goverment seeing as they got the most votes at the last election therefore must be the best!

So everyone knows who to see about the petrol and road tax prices!

Got your baseball bats ready lads!!!!
sweeping statement of the year, i'm as blue as a racing blue 182

Commodore Vic 20. Thats where its at.

vic20.jpg

Last edited:
  Mk2 Golf GTI
Toypop just lives to be controversial.

You're so one sided that it's hard to take anything you say seriously!

But yeah, i suppose you are right as PS2 brought about some of the worst games in history... :rolleyes:

Dunno about most of you but i find their reviews are usually pretty damn good.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Toypop just lives to be controversial.

You're so one sided that it's hard to take anything you say seriously!

But yeah, i suppose you are right as PS2 brought about some of the worst games in history... :rolleyes:

Dunno about most of you but i find their reviews are usually pretty damn good.
that list right there is why I know the PS3 will triumph, Sony don't half have some great games, they really do, some good memories in there.

But then we are just saying that as we are sheep who are conned into thinking the PS2 was good as we had spent all that money on it and didn't want to think that it was really crap..........

Blimey, this has turned into a playground arguement now!!

Its all about the games... We should consider ourselves lucky we have this choice. I remember when I used to go into Circle K after school to put 10p in Shinobi and wondering if we would ever have games of that quality in our homes, lol! Now the arcades are well behind our consoles!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Blimey, this has turned into a playground arguement now!!

Its all about the games... We should consider ourselves lucky we have this choice. I remember when I used to go into Circle K after school to put 10p in Shinobi and wondering if we would ever have games of that quality in our homes, lol! Now the arcades are well behind our consoles!

Enjoy!
this is indeed true, my mobile phone is now probably more powerful than my first pc!

You're all gay, just build a gaming PC that you can constantly upgrade over the years, thus avoiding the "next gen" debate cycles. Or just have all three, and a HDTV for the consoles. You pays your money, and no one else really cares. It's all just about defending your own buying choices really, and you'll never convince anyone else to alter theirs.

Yes, I am bored at work :D

Monaco 172 2/468
Anyway, while all this tot was going on, I was having a game of Streets Of Rage 2 and Golden Axe 2 hehe, now thats where it's at :cool:

Btw Toypop, your profile says you own a 182, the same car as dave182, you big fat sheeeeep you :rasp:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Anyway, while all this tot was going on, I was having a game of Streets Of Rage 2 and Golden Axe 2 hehe, now thats where it's at :cool:

Btw Toypop, your profile says you own a 182, the same car as dave182, you big fat sheeeeep you :rasp:
right, i'm going to sell mine now to prove i am different

Monaro VXR
Xbox live costs £40 a year because MS upholds the servers. Sony do not have there own servers you use to game on there supplied by the gaming companies. So if in future the gaming companies wish to charge you by the month online they can do.

Xbox live has quite a lot available now and there will soon be HD films etc to download via it for a small fee. I got a free episode of south park from there the other day in HD. So theres more available than what you say. Also the lag etc i have not had a problem with especially via wireless it is perfect. Maybe its something else that was causing the problem as my online experience has been brilliant with the 360 and its sat in my front room while my router is upstairs on the other side of the house. Still i get a 4 bar signal on the 360.

Router plays a big part as well dont forget as well as where the items are positioned.
you are kidding, have you never played COD online???????

and to that matter most FPS are really laggy.

Dont like playing FPS on consoles...so no. Also depends on who your playing though I've played games against some american friends and due to the distance and pings it can be a bit laggy but I expect some lag when im playing against someone who lives in Cali.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i'm sorry but at the end of the day, even though you'd love to compare games from launch of either console you can't. The fact of the matter is that a year down the line sony have released a console which is in not superior to it's competitor, it had a whole year to develop a top of the line game over the 360 so that on release people would be astounded to see what the ps3 is capable of, but it didn't happen and thats the end of it.

Revels Mum & Sister
This topic makes me moist

I have a PS3, Wii, 360 and a Gaming PC. All of them get a bash when I feel like it. MY fav is the Wii at the moment and Stalker on the PC, and GRAW 2 on the 360. Got Virtua Tennis for a quick pick up and play. Have had my PS3 since december so the WOW novelty like with all new toys has worn off. The main reason for getting it was for a Blu Ray player for me.

Dont mind waiting for games to come out. I enjoy a good tickle on Motorstorm and RR 6. Didnt like Resistance though

R

rich[182]

i'm sorry but at the end of the day, even though you'd love to compare games from launch of either console you can't. The fact of the matter is that a year down the line sony have released a console which is in not superior to it's competitor, it had a whole year to develop a top of the line game over the 360 so that on release people would be astounded to see what the ps3 is capable of, but it didn't happen and thats the end of it.

IMO only the misinformed joe public would have assumed that the PS3 games would be light years ahead of any 360 game, theres no significant differences in hardware or technology as such that equates to any theoretical significant difference between the 2

Anyone expecting the PS3 games v 360 would be same as difference to a PS2 and are disappointed, deserve all they get imho, if they spent 15 mins doing some research before shedding out £425 instead of listening to hype....................

To me, nextgen is DX10 Crysis......................

Was watching some kids in Game playing on a PS3 and they were like "looks same as a 360", lol what do they expect, virtual reality with CGI by industrial light and magic

Revels Mum & Sister
Crysis might have bugs so you probs wont buy it for 10 years until it plays perfectly.

You think DX10 will be without bugs?

R

rich[182]

Crysis might have bugs so you probs wont buy it for 10 years until it plays perfectly.

You think DX10 will be without bugs?

I may be proved wrong but I've more faith in the development team behind Crysis than for eg Stalker

Yeh DX10 may have bugs, one of several reasons why I'm not upgrading my PC, or going Vista for some time, Also want to see some true real world benchies with existing crop of 8800 cards, under Vista DX10 and Crysis, I never have nor ever will be an early adopter of new tech

dk

911 GTS Cab
ok, do me a favour and have a look at this link for F1 and watch the vid on page 11 of the developers showing the lengths they have gone to to make make the game realistic, its pretty mind blowing stuff!!!!

http://cde.cerosmedia.com/8ec0fad333ccddb3f8e106701a7d0e25225.cde

Yaris Hybrid
Do me a favour, play live for speed, rfactor or GTR then we will have a discussion about the realism of F1. Feck me in the great scheme of things it is no more accurate a simulation than Ridge Racer!

Sony will always be Sony when it comes to the BS marketing claims. Surely you guys don't believe anything they say anymore?

By the way, if I remember from the Top Speed thread a lot of you along with myself have travelled at speeds of 170mph etc and can you all just confirm that you too never noticed any blurring effect as seen in F1?

So where did Sony get the idea from? Perhaps the basis of their simulation was the drive back from town on a saturday night in the taxi?

R

rich[182]

When it comes to realism, imo GP4 on PC from approx 4 yrs ago hasn't been equalled (in terms of physics, geometry, handling etc,etc
That F1 game looks and sounds great though

M

mij29

Sorry only half a story but i heard on Radio 1 the other day that there is an up dated version of the 360 coming out in the summer. Did n't say what the up date was, hence half a story.:dapprove:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Do me a favour, play live for speed, rfactor or GTR then we will have a discussion about the realism of F1. Feck me in the great scheme of things it is no more accurate a simulation than Ridge Racer!

Sony will always be Sony when it comes to the BS marketing claims. Surely you guys don't believe anything they say anymore?

By the way, if I remember from the Top Speed thread a lot of you along with myself have travelled at speeds of 170mph etc and can you all just confirm that you too never noticed any blurring effect as seen in F1?

So where did Sony get the idea from? Perhaps the basis of their simulation was the drive back from town on a saturday night in the taxi?
lol, you really are something else, you are either impossible to please or just like arguing for the fun of it even when you know you are talking rubbish.

Yaris Hybrid
Come on be fair to me. Look at LFS. How can a bunch of web amateurs produce something so faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr ahead of a game that cost millions to produce on the latest state of the art "cancer curing" console?

I haven't ruled out getting a PS3 yet by the way. I am waiting to see what happens. I just said that if I were buying now it would be the 360 but maybe things will change by xmas.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
ok, do me a favour and have a look at this link for F1 and watch the vid on page 11 of the developers showing the lengths they have gone to to make make the game realistic, its pretty mind blowing stuff!!!!

http://cde.cerosmedia.com/8ec0fad333ccddb3f8e106701a7d0e25225.cde

no doubt what they're saying is impressive, just in the same way watching documentaries on the making of half life 2 was impressive. I played the f1 game and i thought it was ok but i'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt on the basis that i don't really like f1 games in general.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Nothing wrong with the blurring effect, it worked well enough on Moto Gp (360) and I didn't hear many people complain about it. I don't find the blurring to be anywhere near as strong in F1 as it was on Moto GP.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Ive got a ps3 and 360....well prefer the 360 at the min...this is only due to the online of the 360 with the gamertag/score....as i only ever seem to play online.

The online for the PS3 lets it down for me....Do you think Sony will be updating the online over the next few months or so:S

Id love somthing along the lines of what the 360's got.

If not i think i may have to get rid of mine.

Maybe

Mk2 Golf GTI
Ive got a ps3 and 360....well prefer the 360 at the min...this is only due to the online of the 360 with the gamertag/score....as i only ever seem to play online.

The online for the PS3 lets it down for me....Do you think Sony will be updating the online over the next few months or so:S

Id love somthing along the lines of what the 360's got.

If not i think i may have to get rid of mine.

Maybe

They've got that PS3 Home thingy coming out some time this year:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kyquAXKeEI0