ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

Ben02

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry mate that emoji is a yeah, don’t tell anyone 😁
Sorry mistook it for a confused, hand touching chin emoji. Nice buy btw. I went to see it when it was up for auction last year. What are your plans for it? Is it rot free?

IMG_0114.jpg

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Sorry mistook it for a confused, hand touching chin emoji. Nice buy btw. I went to see it when it was up for auction last year. What are your plans for it? Is it rot free?

View attachment 1663019

Bodywork, interior, engine bay are like a 2 year old car apart from the smallest bit of bubbling at the bottom of an arch. Bit of surface rust on a few bits underneath, bottom arm, driveshaft, shocks that I’ll be replacing over time.

Ben02

ClioSport Club Member
Bodywork, interior, engine bay are like a 2 year old car apart from the smallest bit of bubbling at the bottom of an arch. Bit of surface rust on a few bits underneath, bottom arm, driveshaft, shocks that I’ll be replacing over time.
Was the seller ok with the price he sold it at?

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Finally back in a ph1 after a long hiatus which will a company my 96 spec DC2 which is currently in the process of having a full resto.
Pictures show the car when it was purchased and its current state, just awaiting a free slot to have new sills welded in and the rear quarters blown over.
At present i have fitted a one of my spare Recaro pole position's on a Jon foz subframe with sliders, Cup spoiler and a set of f1's which i had saved for when i returned to the clio club.
Awaiting delivery of my Comptech 4 pots.

On the look out for the following parts;

PMS Shifter
PMS top mounts and brace
LSD or LSD Box
Ph1 Steering wheel boss and sabelt racing steering wheel

Will enjoy the car this summer whilst finishing the Integra and take it off the winter to carry out a under body resto.

How i got her
1704368077388.jpeg

1704367896707.jpeg

1704368160508.jpeg

1704367922554.jpeg

Current state

1704367568894.jpeg

1704367825061.jpeg

1704368451392.jpeg

Never seen one go here and i have broken over 15 ph1s in my time.

Dressed it back and treated the rust, ready for my welder to inspect and decide how to proceed.

1704368554678.jpeg

rumlad

ClioSport Club Member
Finally back in a ph1 after a long hiatus which will a company my 96 spec DC2 which is currently in the process of having a full resto.
Pictures show the car when it was purchased and its current state, just awaiting a free slot to have new sills welded in and the rear quarters blown over.
At present i have fitted a one of my spare Recaro pole position's on a Jon foz subframe with sliders, Cup spoiler and a set of f1's which i had saved for when i returned to the clio club.
Awaiting delivery of my Comptech 4 pots.

On the look out for the following parts;

PMS Shifter
PMS top mounts and brace
LSD or LSD Box
Ph1 Steering wheel boss and sabelt racing steering wheel

Will enjoy the car this summer whilst finishing the Integra and take it off the winter to carry out a under body resto.

How i got her
View attachment 1674767
View attachment 1674764

View attachment 1674768

View attachment 1674765

Current state

View attachment 1674760

View attachment 1674763

View attachment 1674769

Never seen one go here and i have broken over 15 ph1s in my time.

Dressed it back and treated the rust, ready for my welder to inspect and decide how to proceed.

View attachment 1674770
Nice to see another one saved. I bet of the 15 or so you broke in the past many were in better condition in terms of rust?

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Nice to see another one saved. I bet of the 15 or so you broke in the past many were in better condition in terms of rust?
There was actually one that was worse than this which had a roof tile fall on its roof when it was 3 months old and was repaired not written off but the work was shocking.
However, this PH1 is a keeper for me
Currently stock piling parts whilst i await delivery of my LSD :D

20240111_210843.jpg

Can someone also provide a link to these clips;

20240111_211507.jpg

rumlad

ClioSport Club Member
Offering up some new wheels, Renault 19 Speedlines. I know they’re a bit marmite, but I like them and think they suit the early ph1. Plus they were local and too cheap not to! Going in for a refurb soon, think these will look better in a matte light silver or an off-white. Not sure if anthracite will suit them…

IMG_4546.jpeg
IMG_4545.jpeg

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
Popping a notice in this thread that my 54,000 mile totally original PH1 1 sunflower will be for sale shortly.

Has been part of my collection for the last few years.

I will be pulling it out of storage and getting a listing sorted soon but feel free to message me if you are interested in the mean time.
IMG_20210911_174618_734.jpg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Popping a notice in this thread that my 54,000 mile totally original PH1 1 sunflower will be for sale shortly.

Has been part of my collection for the last few years.

I will be pulling it out of storage and getting a listing sorted soon but feel free to message me if you are interested in the mean time.
View attachment 1683144
Wowzers, what a beauty :love: Good luck with the sale, although I don't think you'll need it.