ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Problems Have Started

Titanium F/F 182
Right guys need some advice off you. Picked my car (182) about 4 weeks ago. 900 miles later I've smashed the fog light. No biggy but today all hell seems to have broken loose. First driving down motorway between 70-80ish and the temp gauge starts flicking between hot and cold. Pulled into the services and sat and watched as it danced all over the show. Any ideas what this could be. As I pulled away I noticed a strange rattling sound. Stopped and revved the engine and at 2k revs there is a very noticeable rattle from underneath. Is this similar to the 4k rattle that the 172's suffer from. I had a look round and I can't pin point the exact location but I can hear it. Everytime it passes 2000rpm (up or down the rev range) it rattles. I also noticed that the exhausts pipes seem to emit hot air/gasses from the left pipe and cold only from the right. Is this a design feature or is something the matter? Any advice on the above is appreciated. Any chance all 3 could be related. I've driven the car quickly since i've had it but not ragged the nuts off it and i always warm it up before i go past 5k revs. Not really a great start really.:dapprove:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Do you know if it is the standard exhaust or maybe the previous owner fitted and aftermarket exhaust ?

Could be the cause of the rattle .

Not sure about the temp up n down , could be just a faulty sensor . If your still under warranty i'd take it to your local dealers to find out whats causing the temp problem .

Black Gold 182FF
Sokett said:
Right guys need some advice off you. Picked my car (182) about 4 weeks ago. 900 miles later I've smashed the fog light. No biggy but today all hell seems to have broken loose. First driving down motorway between 70-80ish and the temp gauge starts flicking between hot and cold. Pulled into the services and sat and watched as it danced all over the show. Any ideas what this could be. As I pulled away I noticed a strange rattling sound. Stopped and revved the engine and at 2k revs there is a very noticeable rattle from underneath. Is this similar to the 4k rattle that the 172's suffer from. I had a look round and I can't pin point the exact location but I can hear it. Everytime it passes 2000rpm (up or down the rev range) it rattles. I also noticed that the exhausts pipes seem to emit hot air/gasses from the left pipe and cold only from the right. Is this a design feature or is something the matter? Any advice on the above is appreciated. Any chance all 3 could be related. I've driven the car quickly since i've had it but not ragged the nuts off it and i always warm it up before i go past 5k revs. Not really a great start really.:dapprove:

This will not answer your question but:
My car is running 100% again, just clocked 16k tonight, but I have also noticed that my "exhaust pipes seem to emit hot air/gasses from the left pipe and cold only from the right", and I would also like to find out if this is normal. However, I rag mine at every opportunity, hot or cold:evil: . But unlike your car, this has not effected anything else on mine, such as the temp gauge going mad, and I have not experienced any rattles yet. Looking forward to receiving some feedback on this.

A4 Avant
Mine was rattleing at about 2K revs, also when I shut the boot or doors. Mine turned out to be the exhaust heat shield was loose.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
it needs a new temp sensor...
the zorst is normal
call cliospares for a fog light
the rattle will be a heat shield......or the fuel rail cover may be loose