ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the renault sport range thru the yrs

Being picky here..

The first Renaultsport branded car was the Spyder (or to give it it's full name - the renaultsport spyder) Most of the cars there are not Renaultsports at all.

^
that as well, you'd think that these motoring journalists would know what they were on about !

and this, 3. Renault 5 Turbo. Is actually a turbo 2.

1.8 8v RSi
renault sport is only a new thing though that started with the mk2 ph1 172...correct?.....the cars before that are technically sports to....just renault handt invented the "renaultsport" range bk then....

Ad

MK2 FRS
does someone on here own that ph quick in the pic?? Seems familiar, unless ive seent that pic too many times.

Got me thinking now, what was the date of lauch for the ph quick??

No As Cat said the first Renaultsport badged car was the Renault Sport Spider.
Exactly, what I love on here is people giving it my RS this & my RS that, like RS (renaultsport) has some real meaning to it & a massive heritate. It does to a degree, but imo not as much as some think it has.

To me there is only one really meaningful RS brand & that's the Rallye Sport stuff from Ford, they've been using the letters RS since since the 1970's. You've only go ot look into their heritage to see some of the stuff they've been koncking out since then :approve: