ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Story of Xbox

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Your the person I thought of first when I saw it!

Seen a couple now, looking forward to some of the later episodes too covering RROD and TV!

Ah the old RROD. Haven’t heard that for ages but it was a disaster at the time.

Xbox was the console of choice in my uni house. It had just come out. The hours we used to spend on Halo MP was great fun.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Your the person I thought of first when I saw it!

Seen a couple now, looking forward to some of the later episodes too covering RROD and TV!

:LOL: I had the pleasure of meeting a few of the original Xbox team back in the day, although most of my early interactions were with the software teams as the SDKs were being sent out to select developers (along with dev kits). Good times. Lots of hours. Hard work. Crap pay. Loved it!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'll watch that tonight. I remember little me was so excited for this I got it the Christmas after launch and had leaflets stuck to the wall next to my bed I was obsessed and it seemed so futuristic at the time.

I still have my OG Xbox to this day too I did load it up a few months back and had a quick blast of some of my old games. Forza 2, Def jam fight for NY, NFS UG, Tony hawk's etc.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'll watch that tonight. I remember little me was so excited for this I got it the Christmas after launch and had leaflets stuck to the wall next to my bed I was obsessed and it seemed so futuristic at the time.

I still have my OG Xbox to this day too I did load it up a few months back and had a quick blast of some of my old games. Forza 2, Def jam fight for NY, NFS UG, Tony hawk's etc.
Forza 2 was 360 though, I know that because it was the game that finally pushed my 360 to rrod, a few months out of warranty and a few months before the replacement program was set up 😂

I loved the PGR series myself, I really miss it. I believe a lot of the devs now work on Horizon, which is good but not the same.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

I’ve still got my OG one too.

Size of the original controllers 😂😂

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Forza 2 was 360 though, I know that because it was the game that finally pushed my 360 to rrod, a few months out of warranty and a few months before the replacement program was set up 😂

I loved the PGR series myself, I really miss it. I believe a lot of the devs now work on Horizon, which is good but not the same.

Ah weird maybe it was Forza 1 then. I chucked my 360 in the bin quite a while back even though it worked just about it had seen better days.

I will say the old games don't live up to their memories. Still fun to jump on for the nostalgia but sometimes can be a bit disappointing.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Watched all of these yesterday and today and thoroughly enjoyed it. I never had the OG Xbox (I had a PS2 by then) but did manage to bag a launch day Xbox 360. Absolutely loved that thing and think I was one of the very few people on the planet to never have the RROD. I only got rid of it when I bought an Elite further down the line.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I built the security around the first ever Xbox Live hub in London. Caged it off from it’s other colo data centre buddies @Yorkshire Pudding

This was when xbl was basically a pipe dream.
That's actually proper interesting

Colo's are for small customers or just a network pop in our world. Whenever I visit our pops I look around in the nearby cages and racks and some of the names are mentally big🤣

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Works obviously dead busy this week.... so watched the whole series this morning.
Really interesting.

I can't even remember the Xbox One being a flop at the time, as I used to use it for TV and gaming. Be interesting to see what Microsoft does in the next decade.