ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The time has come! (advice needed)

fad

Clio 182 FF
Finally sold my GSi turbo Astra as I was looking for something more fun that can use on weekends as I do a lot less miles these days. After missing my XE'd Corsa I need somethng more fun and thrilling! The idea of owning an iconic car such as a Clio Sport fits the bill!!

The dilema is I have 8k in my back pocket and I have two options:

The first is to just spend 5-5.5 k on a Clio cup and pocket the rest of the money to clear the majority of the loan I have (which isnt much at 3k ish) Part of me feels I will miss my aircon and toys, but having a little bit more special and desirable will make up for it. I dont know if I fancy a Full Fat as they just dont seem as special as a Cup.

The second option is to do the same as the above and then save and realistically budget 6.5-7k max for a 182 which will mean living without a car for a few months. Do you think this is a realistic price for a Clio sport.

I'd like to point out I am an impatient sod so the last option will be pushing me to the limit lol!

Any views will be gladly appreciated and any thing to look out for would be a grately appreciated.

dscf0016.jpg

Bye Bye GSi :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nice gsi that!!! Always likes them. If i were in your shoes i'd get the Cup, pay off the loan, job done. The Cup would be more like the corsa, basic interior, but max bang per ££££ :)

BG 182
Good look with that mate.. awesome car!

I swear ive seen your Corsa Gsi around Dunstable?

fad

Clio 182 FF
Rare as hens teeth though :( will keep my eyes peeled for one with a/c though.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
At the end of the day all rses do the same 0-60 really and are just as fun to drive.

Get the cup if you wish but youll find it harder to sell. IMO Get a decent ph2 172 with some toys.

fad

Clio 182 FF
why selling the GSI?

Owned it for a year was quick in a stright line and nice to drive BUT no where near as much fun as a little pocket rocket.

Also I paid a good price for it last year and it works out I have lost £300 ofter the last year in depreciation so made sense to sell it now tbh!

Thinking now of saving for a 182 as they seem to have tumbled a bit in price.

Sidcups not far at all, not seen many Cliosport memebers in this neck of he woods either :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Next clio I but will deffinately be a 172 Cup.

Going to leave it standard apart from some H&R's.