ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The wee beast is gone.... (56k)

The Beast MK4
Lad came to see the 1.2 today and 20 mins later it was his. Got 1.5k in the end and the wheels went too. Absolutely gutted to see it go.

The only reason I had such a nice first car was that my Auntie died of cancer in 2000 and in her will myself, my brothers and cousin were all left a nice sum. She always had clios and I thought the choice I was about to make was very appropriate and continued a new tradition in a way. In 2003 I bought a clio in the February and the fun and games with the various mods began later that year. As I went to college straight after school I would have had a far older car as I didn't make much at that time.

Heres a few pics from present and years gone by.

100_0852.jpg

100_0864.jpg

100_0650.jpg

100_0337.jpg

100_0250.jpg

Heres a wee vid I made to show the progression over the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSGaxbnfYwk

As you can see its been a long journey and the circumstances of me getting it means its quite hard to let go of it as well. :(

Thanks to all those on here who have helped, advised and inspired me and i'll be sticking around with the 172. :D

The Beast MK4
Aye the power has a good feeling. When I was taking the 1.2 out yesterday for a wee drive I was wondering whether it was going on 3 cylinders! lol

Money won't be staying long in the pocket Mr Scotty, will cut my dues with those TSB barstewards first. :cool:

A well built VW
New beginnings mate its hard

Wish i had kept pics of my old clio and its transititon (still miss that wee bugger even now)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
first john now you whats this new trend with all the 15" boys getting cars with 16's!!!! lol only kiddin man

in the last 6 months ive spent £3,500 fixing mine!!!!!! went and looked at a MINT black 1.4 16v dynamique for £5000 which i could easily afford but just because its reg wasnt SL02 VNB i couldnt bring myself to buy it and get rid of mine!!

only thing that could tempt me is a 1.6 16v with xenons and climate or a 172 now but even at that, wouldnt get rid of mine!

Octavia VRS
got to admit I will miss POW when she goes later this year. Funny how you get attached to a lump of metal!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Meh!!! if you want a test drive, just ask every 2nd person on union st (aberdeen) for a shot! ;)

The Beast MK4
Listen to the masses Kenny boy

How the feck are you going to hit V-tec on those shight roads round your way anyway? lol