ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The White Impreza P1

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Thats the only genuine white P1. It was sold by a trader a few months ago for around £14k - £15k. I think its done around 60k miles and is now owned by a member of the P1 owners club.
The P1 is a Type R v5 and v6 variant, adapted to the UK roads and regulations and modified by Prodrive. All the others are Sonic blue, like mine. I prefer the colour of mine, but thats because I'm not a big fan of white cars. Saying that, it does look stunning and a real unique gem.

renault trophy 182
scutch wondering if u can clear sumthin up me bro was looking at a p1 but got told its an import is that true,also im looking at gettin the subaru rb5 i no its not a p1 but wat do u think of them? cheers

clio 172 cup
well its one of the 2 they have not cut down a 4 door ra have they

my mate has a 2 door type r in white

ra ones are 4 door

the only 3 2 doors are
p1 uk
22b uk and import
type r 2 door import (no model report so hard to sva):rasp: :butt: :banghead: :slap:
22b was never a uk car

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
22b was never a uk car

In late 1998, Subaru UK officially imported 16 22Bs (described below), and passed them on to Prodrive for modification. The UK cars differ from the privately imported 22Bs, not just in their 3 year factory warranty, but with revised gear ratios more suited to UK roads. The was acheived by changing the final drive ratio from 3.9 to 4.44 to lengthen the gearing. Cosmetically, the car got the headlights from the '99 model, UK rear light clusters and driving lights (not fog lights!) were fitted where the normal 22B has blanking plates. From the back, you can tell you're looking at one of the rarest cars in the world by the "Type UK" and "Prodrive" stickers. The price was £39,950, and demand for the cars was overwhelming.

Interestingly, Subaru UK were not able to put their 16 cars through the Single Vehicle Approval scheme because the maximum of 50 privately imported 22Bs had already been registered in 1998. Consequently the Type UKs were registered in 1999. The cars do not meet European Type Approval regulations for noise and emissions.

Mk2 172
thats a type r 2 door they come in white

he has just put p1 bits on

Its not! its the prototype for the p1. ive driven it and almost bought it from worcester subaru/ listers garage. it was the one that the mags had. it used to belong to somone in cheltenham. it started life as a type R v5 yes but like i said it was the prototype for the p1. the p1 is basically a type R v5 but changed a bit for the uk market. Hence the p1. i was so close to buyin it but its had a hard life. very nice tho :)

Last edited:
  Mk2 172
22b was never a uk car[/quote]
Yes it was! There were 18 or 19 uk 22b's officially imported as specific uk cars. Different final drive and a few other things!

Last edited: