ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Worst Turinis Get A New Lease of Life

A Few
A couple of weeks ago, I purchased the saddest looking Cup Turini's on the forum. Very much in need of refurbishment, questions were asked as to wether these would actually refurb .... so here is the BEFORE:
as20purchased_zpsdfeboyyx.jpg

bad1_zps61kvrrns.jpg

So as you can see... these were very rough! Took them to a Blast Cleaning company who refurb and powdercoat alloys. They did say they were very bad and warned there could be some minor imperfections. Here they are after refurbishment and several layers of titanium powdercoating. AFTER:

good4_zpsnpx5g0mf.jpg

They came out better than I expected, few imperfections, but pretty happy to have a perfectly acceptable set of turinis for a good price!

A Few
There are some imperfections that you can feel by hand, and spot if you look carefully, but overall, they look the part! Happy with the result - they have gone from 0/10 to a good 8/10!

Clio II RS 182
Pffff I search some turinis also but can't find a good set :'(

The difference between before and after is just incredible, they made a very good job :up:!!!!

GreG

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I wouldn't of questioned whether they would of refurbished, I've powder coated worse. Nothing a blasting machine can't sort out!

Look great now, silver is the best colour for these wheels.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Harsh man, there was still SOME paint left, which surely made them a solid 1/10 lol.

Glad they came out ok, amazing how bad they were really! I should have had them done myself really but I am way too lazy lol.