ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thick ice inside windscreen grr

Seeing as its been super cold and snowing laterly my windscreen has been just as frosty on the inside as the out.

Whats causing this and is there a cure for it.

All my friends don't have this problem or if they do only normally mist.

Cheers elliott.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
there is a solution but its at your own risk..

Boil the kettle so that its warm, then slowely pour it over the windscreen with the wipers on(spread the warm water along the windscreen better) it should be just warm enough to help clear the windscreen

Iv been doing it for over 3 years and it hasnt resulted in a crack windscreen or nothing,

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
there is a solution but its at your own risk..

Boil the kettle so that its warm, then slowely pour it over the windscreen, it should be just warm enough to help clear the windscreen

Iv been doing it for over 3 years and it hasnt resulted in a crack windscreen or nothing,

I just use hot water out of the tap tbh!

I had the heaters on full with the doors closed and it took over 10mins just to clear a small patch.

I had to use the scrapper on it today.

Clio 172 RS2
Use the airco to 'dry freeze' the inside!
Guessing it is too moist inside, so freezing up.

Or do you turn the heat up to max. on the blower that much?
Warm air inside condensating when parking overnight after driving around?

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
ahh, but we live in the countryside and the water take a few min to warm up, but sometimes the pipes freeze :dapprove:, so that why i use a kettle quicker, and i can just pour it on and go

So do I mate! First thing I do when I wake up is light the fire! lol :)

DCi 100
Did this last night at 2am! Outside defrosted and the inside didn't lol. I just rev it at 1500rpm to warm the engine up more, the blowers give more power when having it off the normal idle anyways.

Golf GTD Mk7
Did this last night at 2am! Outside defrosted and the inside didn't lol. I just rev it at 1500rpm to warm the engine up more, the blowers give more power when having it off the normal idle anyways.

Bet your neighbours love you ;)

Now Sold :-(
Buy yourself a big bag of cat litter. (The sort that is like white crystals not the grey powder stuff) Pour it all over the carpets in your car and leave for a few days. It will absorb all of the moisture inside the car and stop the interior ice problem. You can then just vac it out. Worked on my old Megane.

Golf GTD Mk7
Buy yourself a big bag of cat litter. (The sort that is like white crystals not the grey powder stuff) Pour it all over the carpets in your car and leave for a few days. It will absorb all of the moisture inside the car and stop the interior ice problem. You can then just vac it out. Worked on my old Megane.

lol sounds like a good idea, but you'll have loads of cats sh1tting on it ;)

Evo 8 MR
i just use the liquid de-icer stuff from tesco

That is the worst stuff you can use.

Mine takes 4-5 minutes to completely defrost just sat on idle with the heater on max and the rear de-mister on.

Maybe theres a problem with your heater if it's taking 10 minutes to defrost the car?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Or get silica gel sachets and put in the car, that'll absorb the moisture without the mess of the cat litter!

Black Gold Trophy
excessive moisture is obviously getting inside the car for you to get ice on the inside of the windscreen. I would put my money on the windscreen seal has gone. Get someone to refit the screen or if you feel flash buy a new one

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Id buy a couple of the big ones that are on the Bay. 600g I think. put them on the dash when you leave the car at night, or put them on the floor or wherever.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Make sure the pollen filter isnt fekked, if its not changed regulary it can cause said symptoms

Also lol at the reading fail in here, pouring water on the windscreen, the op's problem is INSIDE ;)

Thats for all the suggestions. I think i'll try and get hold of some silica stuff. Its only the windscreen thats has ice on the inside in the mornings or in the evenings when leaving work.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
My 1.4 S has this problem aswell! Its so annoying after a late shift when I just wanna get home but the screen is iced up on the outside and the inside!!

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
i'm only just getting it now after 2years of ownership. my sunroof seals are fucked so maybe that could be a thing to look at ?