ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thievin Scallies!!!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
16v_jon said:
disklok can be had off in 2 mins mate seen it done, without power tools. when you live in manchester "car crime capital" you need to be aware
My cars been tried 4 times in 2 years i dont have an alarm but have other things installed to stop thieves

What other things are they? I think we all need to know so we can do the same. I just got a a heavy duty alarm fitted with anti tilt and another immobiliser.....Seriously considering a wheel clamp too .

182 RB FF
ant PM me with how to disconnect your fuel pump please, im paranoid about waking up one morning and finding my car gone!

i tend to park mine right close to my house and we have a porch that sticks out and a wall the other side. I park in between, getting real close to the porch and turning wheels almost full lock towards the wall so if the try and roll it off the drive it will just turn straight into the wall...anyone think this might actually work?

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
How about getting one of those lockable posts you put infront of your car so they can't get it out of the drive? I know it might be a pain in the butt to go and unlock the darn thing before you can go out, but it may help to act as another deterrent. I am considering this myself too.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
yorkie said:
^^ got one of them on my drive and trust me you'll get bored after awhile and forget soon.

I can handle 'bored'. Are they good? Oh and, how high is the bit thats left once unlocked? (I don't want to lose my new kit on it) lol

80MPG BEEZA
so this thing with the keys matching the reg number, i shud be good right coz i converted my engine from another car so it wudnt match up only matt black and his crew cud possibly get the code for my keys, i have my eye on you! plus its right outside my bedroom window with a disk lock and cctv on it :)

172 cup'd extreme
Batman said:
so this thing with the keys matching the reg number, i shud be good right coz i converted my engine from another car so it wudnt match up only matt black and his crew cud possibly get the code for my keys, i have my eye on you! plus its right outside my bedroom window with a disk lock and cctv on it :)

They could but wouldnt 1. your car would be hard to sell on 2. if it was nicked without a trace the first finger would point at them 3. they are a professional business.

There are loads of factors involved in nicking cars if a key was ordered for your car to be stolen then it would have fit a criteria for the thief ie: right colour / spec / age for them to ring it or clone it, your street may be very quiet no cctv near by or near to a lock up where they can store it.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
So, if someone gets a key to your car, it would have to be aquired via Renault staff member, Is that right?

The reason I ask is; to 'normally' get a spare key for your car, you have to pruduce the correct documents before one will be ordered.

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
I am seriously getting worried about my car now!

By the way the standard alarm in the 182, (Cupped) does it include an immobilisor, and why the hell does it been at me sometimes, and then not at other times?

Black/Gold 182
the beeping alarm is a common problem in 182s, some fault that can be fixed *IF* you can find a competent dealer. There used to be a thread explaining all about it but I can't find it now

1.2 16v Dynamique
Got a phone call off the police late friday afternoon last week, "We've found your car, but it's a write off" or words to that effect. Turns out they found it in the middle of a field on its roof. Totally f**ked. But the insurance have paid out now no messin, and I've got the new Dynamique 1.2 as mentioned earlier.

Just looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer for the 172...

80MPG BEEZA
thats mental so obvisiouly they must be people that cant even drive or its been sold onto someone who cant drive?
i have cctv on mine but if sum1 came they probs wudnt see the camera anyways, i think mint does detter people as its all black the back windows are tinted 95% and the front are really dark you can just to say see the steering lock but its good as people dont know whats inside so maybe they think twice before breaking in

Nimbus Clio 197
what a pisser mate, sorry to hear that. i had my 172 Cup nicked off my drive, they broek in at night for the keys. thieving scum. And then we have to pay the penalty, paying more for insurance. its a fecking disgrace

Renault Clio1.2Versailles
jjoe90 said:
people this aint gone in 60 seconds getting keys for cars n stuff hahahaha

why be sooo ignorant?!:mad:

wait til it happens to you, you wont be taking the piss then matie:dead:

80MPG BEEZA
trust me if a thief wants something he'll take it no matter what, i put a sterring lock on my car becoz it detters low life crap thiefes who just want to push the car away any thief with the knowledge will know how to get them off, i watched a program before they set up 3 cars and 2 bikes with steering locks (all sorted) and disk locks gave 2 guys 15mins to get the lot off and they were out in 10 they showed you how to do one that had gone out of production they just smaked it on the key entry point with a brick

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
adam5mith666 said:
why be sooo ignorant?!:mad:

wait til it happens to you, you wont be taking the piss then matie:dead:
i know i cant wait for nicolas cage to turn up in his leather jacket with agenlina or sum big titted bird to rob ma car

DynamiqueDebz said:
I can handle 'bored'. Are they good? Oh and, how high is the bit thats left once unlocked? (I don't want to lose my new kit on it) lol

well if you wanted the car that much you could probs drive at it! other than that even if you really rooted it down the padlock then becomes the weak element. My padlock corroded up so I just smashed it off with a bolstor and lump hammer.

it probs stands about 4 inches high when flat and about 15 -18 inches tall when 'erect'.