ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thievin Scallies!!!

1.2 16v Dynamique
Got up this morning to discover my car had disappeared off the drive. Gutted. Now messin about with insurance claims and whatnot, which is undoubtably going to push the insurance beyond my means if I were to go ahead with the planned 172 purchase. So gutted.

No more clio's for me!
Sorry to hear this mate, get pics up, location and reg etc, and post this in many forums as possible! Hope it gets sorted :(

1.2 16v Dynamique
No breaking into house, keys still there this morning. Went to bed last night around 1, 1:30, got up at 6 and it was gone. No signs of a struggle or broken glass or anything. I dont get why they'd take my 1.2 anyway? Not exactly desirable cars!!

1.2 16v Dynamique
dannyboy172 said:
Sorry to hear this mate, get pics up, location and reg etc, and post this in many forums as possible! Hope it gets sorted :(

Will do when I get home from work. I'm more gutted about the fact that I probably wont be able to afford the insurance now on the planned 172. Probably onto a 1.4 16v now for the time being...

Cheers for the comments...

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Thieving b******s!! :mad: I'm really sorry to hear your baby has been nicked. It makes me really angry to think that some little s**t can just f**k off with someones car. I have just got mine heavily alarmed and also have a nice metal bar tucked neatly just inside my front door just in case some little fucker tries it.
The other thing that really pisses me off is, some fucker steals 'your' car, but 'you' have to pay out the extra insurance on your next car. It really is unfair that you should suffer twice because some theiving little arsehole can't keep his mitts to himself! :mad: :mad:

I really hope the little f*****s get caught and get the book thrown at them. I hope your insurance company deal with it quickly and don't penalise you too much as it really isn't your fault.

Good luck matey.

clio 182 black /gold
Im sorry to hear that:( I hope the brakes fail and they crash and die. Oh post car details, reg colour etc

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
gutted mate , hope you find it again , as sed get some pucs up and reg , area etc n we can keep a eye out.

mine got vandalised so he now gets parked about 5m from my bedroom window under the watchful gaze of CCTV

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Leeshez said:
Im sorry to hear that:( I hope the brakes fail and they crash and die. Oh post car details, reg colour etc

I wouldn't wish death on anyone, but I totally understand what you mean. I hope the car gives them hell and well and truely teaches them a lesson.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Is it me, or does it appear that Clios are a big target at the moment? I think this is the 3rd Clio ive heard about getting nicked in as many weeks (two from CS).

S

Scott182

Unlucky fella know how ya feel hope its found soon in the same condition as it left you.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Racing Blue said:
Shouldn't think so, it's just that Clios are one of the most common cars in the country!

They certainly have become pretty popular, there are loads of Clios where I live.

I know mine didn't come with an alarm (it's an import) but have most UK Clios got alarms? I really do think this is something car manufactures (sp?) should put on 'all' their cars as 'standard' now, being as there are so many theiving little s***s about! :mad:

Ad

MK2 FRS
Alarms where an option on the 1.2.

Gutted for you mate. If you need any help/advise with the insurance, drop me a PM. I had the same, but with my 182 last december.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Really sorry to hear this mate. Can't imagine how gutted you must be.

Nobody takes any notice of alarms though now, people either don't realise it's their alarm and just think it's someone elses, even still they wont bother looking as it's probably just set itself off or something or a cat has done it. Stupid really, our neighbour over the road, their house alarm is always going off, usually because of the cat getting back in or something or just because it's a bit faulty but I still always go over and have a look around the house and through the windows to make sure. Just a pity most people aren't like this any more, no vigilance.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Rip3z said:
Another keyless theft?

Exactly what I was thinking. Has there been some under-handed developments recently that most of us don't know about?

Very worrying. :dapprove:

Hope the insurance doesn't batter you on the upcoming 172, m8?

D.

Da

Less
i heard they were been lifted, it's far too difficult to try and bypasss the security system whilst it's sat on a drive/street. But...it still beggars to belief as to why?? Parts must be valuable! :S

Rip3z said:
Another keyless theft?

Yup, There must be something that the thieves know about, A mate from work had his 182 took from his drive about a week ago, Got woke up about 4 in the morning looked out the window to see it being drove away down the road, Keys still downstairs no glass anywhere on the drive!

Never saw it again.

BMW 320d SE
Gutted for you matey. Like others have said, there must be some trick they all know about as every Clio that walks now is taken like this. We need to find out what the trick is so we can protect ourselves and our babies! :eek:

Black 172
Really sorry about your car ! One reason why mine is parker right outside my house with a disc lock, cat one alarm and immobiliser.How did they manage to take the car if it had an immobiliser? thought you can only start it with a key

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
cliovicky said:
Really sorry about your car ! One reason why mine is parker right outside my house with a disc lock, cat one alarm and immobiliser.How did they manage to take the car if it had an immobiliser? thought you can only start it with a key

I'd rather know how they got in the car first.

172 cup'd extreme
cliovicky said:
Explain ?

Scumbag works for renault or knows somone who works for renault they order your key from france attach it to a plip, program it with the CLip and voila they have a key that will open your car and start it.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
16v_jon said:
Scumbag works for renault or knows somone who works for renault they order your key from france attach it to a plip, program it with the CLip and voila they have a key that will open your car and start it.

Thats sound possible but surely for a 1.2 they wouldnt fork out alot of dosh i wud expect for a 1.2 maybe a new cup or somethin or a v6, its just a friekin mystery does everyone need security bars on the top of their drive ways now or wat......hope it gets sorted.

172 cup'd extreme
Rip3z said:
Could all be solved by buying a disklok for the steering wheel.

disklok can be had off in 2 mins mate seen it done, without power tools. when you live in manchester "car crime capital" you need to be aware
My cars been tried 4 times in 2 years i dont have an alarm but have other things installed to stop thieves