ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

things to buy with £1000

renault clio 172 cup
Im looking at buyings some things for my clio but would like some advice. I have been looking at things like 182 manifold, matched inlets,cat cams, induction kit or panel filter. Looking at more power than styling at the moment.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Some decent coilovers?

Or maybe the JMS mani in the group buy, its a bit more but probably the best value if you want more power.

i would get an aftermarket exhuast, Millitek or Yozza, induction kit wise don't bother just get a new panel filter pipercross or K&N.

also check when it was last serviced

260% JCW
Whats been done to it so far? Is it in good nick ie tyres brakes ect, if not then like JS mentioned may be worth a service and a refresh ect.

If all the basics are covered id go for Ktech stealth, decat, Airfilter and Rs tuner.

renault clio 172 cup
The car should be in clio media part not many people like it, but im looking to change it in time. Its a renault clio 172 cup painted black and red, 17" team dynamics with good tyres, full ktr bodykit, tinted rear quarter windows and rear window. Its all exterior styling mods at the moment so im looking to increase the power side.

The car should be in clio media part not many people like it, but im looking to change it in time. Its a renault clio 172 cup painted black and red, 17" team dynamics with good tyres, full ktr bodykit, tinted rear quarter windows and rear window. Its all exterior styling mods at the moment so im looking to increase the power side.

were? link.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
v6 airbox setup
matched inlet's
decat
springs/ coilies
whiteline arb
solid dogbone mount
poly bushes

Personally, would spend that trying to sort out the exterior! Failing that, I'd go for matched inlets, decent remap, decent panel filter, years subscription to maxpower and illegally tinted windows so noone could see my face

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Personally, i'd go for a Flamer front and rear bumper as well as a set of different wheels, but that's just me. I think that would change the car a lot. I quite like the two colour, just not the bumpers.

renault clio 172 cup
yeah i shall be getting the bumpers back to standard i think soon then i will know what to do for an exhaust. I am also thinking of going for maybes 15" wheels but unsure of what types to get any opinions? i was thinking black with the red lip round the outside.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
I think use the money to buy a standard body kit then a full respray, but if not, yozza exhaust and some coilovers.

Lionel Richie
spending it on power upgrades is a waste of time, refresh the car mechanically (suspension etc) and spend the rest learning to drive