ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think I need a new back to black type thing!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
KIF_0397.jpg

Fair enough it is 2 weeks old but it doesnt look much different when its just been applied, seems to just not work as well as when I first got the car (3 years ago). Do I need to somehow strip the old stuff off, if so how? Or should I change from AG Bumper Care?

And my 1 other pic from today, just a quick clean and dry no polish or sealant or anything!

KIF_0398.jpg

B-road bully
why not, itll look more modern in imo, i kno a place which does bumpers and spoiler for 180

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Dave, ive used that for years but not on plastics! Tons better than than wd40

MrBilly, that looks like it would be ideal, I'll keep an eye out for your pics, cheers

Octavia VRS
AG bumper care has been good for me over the years, might try that stuff from carwashnwax tho

106 GTi
Never had a problem with AG Bumper Care either. Clean them back to bare Plastic with AG Motorcycle cleaner to strip off all the old and re-apply, worked wondrs on the black trim on my old 205 GTi. Over time this stuff just builds up.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I don't know if the plastics are the same on a Clio but my Chipsaway guy uses a heat gun (paint stripper type) on mk1 Corsa arches where they fade really badly.
He doesn't do anything major, just lightly covers the whole area until it darkens. Works a treat.

RB 182
I use AG Vinyl & Rubber care and it works fine with a nice protection and it brings it back to back too.

106 GTi
The AG Vinyl and rubber gives a great Gloss, just a shame it doe not stand up to rain better.

AG Bumper Care, allowed to cure for an hour then topped with AG Vinyl and rubber works well to.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
majority of tyre blackeners can really darken the plastics. The armor all ones are general a decent bet.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Rich said:
Never had a problem with AG Bumper Care either. Clean them back to bare Plastic with AG Motorcycle cleaner to strip off all the old and re-apply, worked wondrs on the black trim on my old 205 GTi. Over time this stuff just builds up.

Thats exactly the kinda answer I wanted!!

Cheers everyone!