ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think I under-estimated my tyres

BMW M3
After returning home from a 1 month stay in Bahrain, I had forgoten that the rear tyres on my 182 where low. This, plus a bit of rain means my 182 is now in the scrappys.

Ive always paid top dollar for my tyres even on my first shed of a car.

Now ive bought a £300 golf GTI off ebay and it came with 4 brand new tyres.... been running it about 1000 miles.... they are Runway Enduro 506s.

Holy cr@p theyre scary in the wet !!!!!!!!!

I honestly cant believe how bad they are. In the dry they are fine but 15mph round a round about in rain andi m understeering like a bugger. Also, i get passed by lorries on the motorway when its heavy rain.... its like im aquaplaning 90% of the time. Scary !!

The F1s on my 182 didnt perform that much different in any condition.

Its definatly reinforced to me how important tyres are.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
aye - never buy any cheap shite tyres. Always get decent ones. not worth the risk imo.

They are the only contact with the road so if you skimp on them your fucked.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Girl at work just had cheap tyres on her fiesta, I said she was silly buying them because of how important they are, her car found it's way into a hedge shortly after.

Yep, always bought premium brands, even for old crappy cars. I'd rather spend an extra £30 a corner and live a bit longer.

S4 Avant
Tyres definatly make a massive difference to how a car behaves, just replaced all 4 tyres on the freelander I drive. Gone from road tyres that were on the limit, to nearly new offroad tyres.

The handling was questionable to start with, similar to keeping a jelly from falling off a plate, but now with off road tyres it won't hold round a corner at all, the blocks on them are just not made for the road.

fiesta 1.25
Tyres make a massive difference as ive recently found out.

I used to run a mixture of partly worn kumo and bridgestone which were awfull in the wet i now have brand new 15"pe2's and the grip is unbelievable.

BMW M3
Yeah, im almost in 2 minds to get these brand new tyres changed again but its just a temp run around.... all this rain isnt helping.