ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think im gonna....Get that CUP!

Petrol Blue 182

I just need a little bit more persuasion.

I will need the clio 172 CUP boys for this one.

I turned 21....Today!!

So now i think im gonna buy myself my clio cup i have been banging on about for the last year!

At the mo i have a 106 GTI,its a brilliant little car,but i think im gonna get me a cup!

I have realistic insurance on one now,gonna go test drive one today.

Im 98% sure im gonna do it,but can people just push me that extra 2%!!?

Pictures and peoples driving experiences in these fantastic cars will help!

Petrol Blue 182

Easy mc bunny u sound like the girlfriend!

Im gonna go see one today and drive it hopefully.

im sorry but i have realised there are more importan things in life than cars :D

+ you can have more fun in your own house

BMW 330d :)

Ive had my cup for 1 1/2 years now and i love it! Im just trying to stop myself from modding it as I want to keep my warranty intact. Just had a couple of little probs such as the rear disk snapping in two and the cd-player making a nice rattling noise when you turn the ignition!

Check for corrosion at the rear disk brakes as they are a little bit cheap!

But the way the car makes me feel even now makes the slight hitches worth it!

Fraser

Petrol Blue 182

Im tempted to get a house though.

But im still only young,and im only young this once!!

Ill be trackday-ing it as much as possible mate,i no how to drive and it will defo get drove properly!

cock mobile.

Ive had mine alomst a year now and still gives me the biggest smile! Wouldnt change it for anything at the mo, and defo not a full fat 172!

Remapped derv Golf

Not saying you dont know how to drive mate. Im saying that the 172 is a nicer everday place to be and youd be hard pushed to tell the difference in performance.

I live in Scotland and the air con would not be needed. I just prefer having the slightly tricker car which is a bit sharper as well. I think that if your going for a hot hatch you have to go for the stripped out option to get the full experience!

Anyway its my personal opinion!

Fraser

172, Tiguan

Buy mine. Its for sale and it has Climate control.

Ill be putting the advert up over the weekend.

Petrol Blue 182

Pm me the details jon_r please mate.

Adamf i didnt mean offence was just having a laugh.

The cup would be nice with the leather but i have leather in my 106 now and its not that important to me anymore,and its bloody cold in the winter!

Ooooh jon has the limited edition silver cup with climate. If I could have got that one I would have. I like the colour of my cup (blue) but the resale of the silver will be slightly better due to the limited numbers.

Very nice car jon. Good luck with the sale!

Fraser

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

just sold the misses 106 gti and picked up the cup yesterday and it is the muts nute she LOVES it!!

But whatever 172 cup you go for I dont think you will regret it! I dont! *Touches wood*;)

You will notice that the cup will feel a bit faster in a straight line than the gti (0-60 in 6.5 secs) and it is a bit roomier which is good for me! (6ft 6)

Fraser

Petrol Blue 182

Just been looking at pics of join-r;s and it is very very very nice!!

Howay jon PM me with price and details!

And from what I can see it looks near standard which I prefer. No carzy engine mods or really low suspension. Very nice!

Bought my 172 cup just as i turned 21. had it about 2 months now and im still so pleased with it.

You shouldnt need persuading you should of bought it already!

goin washing mine now.

172, Tiguan

Thanks for the comments guys. Only selling due to a change in personal circumstances and I want to get a house. It will be sad to see it go, but i hope it finds a good home.

Liquid yellow R26 F1

I have proper Cup in Blue.. ;).. none of this phony silver lark..:D

you wont be disapointed..!! as said above the driving speaks for itself..

Although buying a house makes more sense.. its dosent put a grin on your face quite like a Cup does...

Megane r26

i had a 172 cup for 18 months but the thing kept breaking down (due to the coil) and renault could nto find the fault so sold it to get a CTR. Biggest mistake i ever made, the 172 cup is the best car i ever owned.

Some people rave about the CTR but in my opinion they dont offer the same feedback and excitement that a cup offers. Ive had a shot against them on the 1/4 mile and they werent that quick for having 200bhp, i ended up getting faster times. They are also alot more common on the roads than a cup and I think they look too MPV-like.

Fraser

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 05 August 2005
Make sure you tell em its been "magazine featured" eh Jon?My thoughts - Cups are for drivers...full fat 172s are for passengers - ***runs***

And it still is this month as well! lol.

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 05 August 2005Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 05 August 2005+ you can have more fun in your own house Agreed, all you need are Mars Bars and a Twister mat.Silver Cup with CC is the way if you can find one.

*sneeze* ;)