ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thinkin of getting another clio ...help please

H86

black 172
hey

riiiiiight i used to have a 172 and although i loved it i was always panicking something was going to go wrong i always the thought the engine sounded 'lumpy' like even in the car i could hear it running and its just sounded loud.... anyway nothing ever did go wrong and i managed to listen to another one running by chance when i went to a garage for something else and it sounded the same ...

soooo that was a year a so back the 172 is long gone and despite my best efforts for something more sensible im going to look at a 182 later and this time round i know more what im looking for ( belts etc) were as before i just went straight in to it without knowing much so whats the general thought on the 'engine sound??

also what are we looking at for a 182 cam/ aux belt change?

thankyou ;)

H

PH1 V6
look out for the tappets making too much noise.... sign of a ragged engine... or one that hasnt been serviced properly.

Other than that... belts... proof of regular oil changes etc and check body panels line up well to ensure it hasnt been involved in a un recorded accident etc.

Goood luck mate

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
LOL! well for the engine noise i feel mine sounds loud if you want it to be a bit more silent then invest in some very good oil, but part from that theres nothing else you can do. I think for cam belt and aux belt your looking at around £500-600 not sure though.

There a great car, you cant get something with such power,comfort,handling for around 5k. I sometimes wish though my clio would blow up just to claim back insurance,but i wouldnt be able to replace it with something better i dont think.

PH1 V6
to put it simply.... they are a lot of fun for not alot of money... you have to kinda expect a few rattles, odd noises because to be perfectly honest the build quality isnt great... and if it was then you would be pay alot more money.

Still.... saying that there are good and bad clio's which is purely down to the people who drive them. look out for a well looked after one and you should do fine.

Just keep a couple of hundred quid aside at all times for the occassion something unexpectidly goes wrong lol