ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of a 197...

182, 205 1.9 GTI
I currently have a corsa redtop and looking for something a bit newer and something more for my age (21)

Been looking at clio's as the reviews on them are pretty much excellent. The 197 has a great chasis and handling is superb. I would be taking this to the Nurburgring so this sounds perfect.
There anything to look at for when buying one? Any known faults etc. I dont have alot of knowledge about the 197 so any help would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance

Listerine & Poledo
do it.
just do it.

Cambelts at 5 years I think (is for mk.2 clio, not sure of Mk.3)

THere's loads on this forum about Clios (unsuprisingly) but the best guides are members only.... but if you're serious, you'll buy it and be on here daily anyhoo. £12 is cheap for the joy CS brings to your life

182, 205 1.9 GTI
Whats better to get the clio 197 or the 197 F1?

Whats the diffrence?
Whats best for track??

Listerine & Poledo
F1 is the basis of the Cup.
it's more expensive but is also nicer and rarer than a Cup.
As for track, I'd be more concered about about how good it is as a road car if it's your daily.
Cups = poverty-spec spinebusters
F1's = Decent spec spinebusters
197's = Decent spec, without the pain

182, 205 1.9 GTI
What's so special about the r27??
I drive a lowered Corsa B atm. Are the F1s really that bad for comfort?