ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of buying this, opinions? Ph1.

Clio DCi 65
Not really been on the site in a while so I'm not really sure what this is worth..

http://cardiff.gumtree.com/cardiff/89/73248589.html#picture-zoom

Doesn't state on it whether it's had it's cambelt changed which I'd need to find further info on, insurance has come back at £950 which I'm happy to pay.

The wheels would need to go, moving home in a couple months so I'l have an extra £5-600 spare per month so sort that out.

What would people recommend if I was to go and check it out - haven't got a clue when it comes to the mechanical side of things..

Cheers in advance!

Stripped yozza'd cup
That's too cheap. I wouldn't trust it tbh, terrible terrible advert. And if it doesn't say it's had the belts done, it probably hasn't.

Clio DCi 65
He says that the cambelt has changed & the car hasn't got any service history.

Is there anyway of finding out if it's been changed? I've text him back asking if he's got any proof of it being done.. doubtful though!

EDIT: He's just text me back, says the radiator and the cambelt were done at the same time but he hasn't got any receipts - What's the cost of getting a new cambelt or is it going to be fucked because it was due x amount of miles ago, let alone 5 years?

Last edited:
  Stripped yozza'd cup
No, no way of telling for sure. If it's got no history, it's never going to have proof of the belts being done.

Buy it and break it. Only way it's worth any money.

Clio DCi 65
Not really fussed on making money on it, wouldn't have a clue on what I was doing with it to break it.

Won just under a grand on the football today so I was going to treat myself to this.

How much Ph1's usually go for?

CLIO 172 CUP....
surly ther has to be some think wrong with it that he aint telling you. also thats cheap for what he wont for it.

and he still saying make me an offer...:dapprove:.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
yeah id spend another 700 or 800 pounds and get a good one with service history, quite a few around. i paid 1800 for mine good history well looked after by an enthuisiast who is on here. new shocks and eibach springs on it, that one looks like trouble.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Keep hold of your 1k mate. Save your first months money when you move, so £1600. Get a half tidy example.

Simples;)