ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking of doing this to my car..?

Should I do this mod to my car?

• Do It

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Dont Do It

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Need More photoshops!

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I have the splitter already, just not 100% sold yet... hmm. Opinions? im also concerned it would create a drag, and maybe try and blow off?!

rearsplitter1.jpg

Last edited:
  RB 182 FF
It doesn't suit the 182, they got the rear right originally. Nice to see someone with imagination though! :smile:

Clio 182
I think it looks good in photos, maybe it will also look alot better in person too... I have always liked the 197/200 rear view and I do think it suits it. As someone said above, if its done properly it will look good :smile:

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
rearsplitter2.JPG
like it!
Take it up a bit higher though so the top edge is de grey strip, and hide the exhaust tips in the diffuser so it is properly blown.

see attached paint disaster, excuses my mad paint skillzz

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
View attachment 117329 like it!
Take it up a bit higher though so the top edge is de grey strip, and hide the exhaust tips in the diffuser so it is properly blown.

can we see this, but shopped and not painted?

Good job. I thought the same but after seeing this I actually prefer the original version. Its a but more subtle and oem looking.

I say go for it. More I look the more likey [emoji7]

I prefer the original, but the paint effort is probably what's swaying that decision. lol

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I like it, think it should go up to the trim in the bumper though

I agree i think it would look really smart but needs to go all the way to the trim

View attachment 117329 like it!

Make the top of the diffuser flush with the top of the bumper insert

50/50 too, needs to go to the trim above I think.

The splitter isn't physically large enough to go to the to top of the other trim (like in that paint shop). Probably the most it could move up is as follows, as it cant really be made to fit with the angle in the bumper above this. Any better?

rearsplitter2.jpg

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Ok thanks for the input guys :) I think I will be going ahead with this as a winter project.

Best tool to cut the bumper? I am thinking plunge circular saw on the long edge, jigsaw on the side bits?