ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thinking of downgrading the clio

182 FF Cupped
well im moving in with the mrs soon, and need to sell the 182, but the more i think about it, the less i want to sell it....

part ex for a 172 cup + cash is an option...

what do people think i should ask (cash wise) for swapping my 55 plate Racing Blue 182 with both cup packs for a 172cup?

Iceberg 172
I can't see that being a great idea. An older, higher mileage Clio will probably cost you more in the long term in repairs than you will get in a downgrading p/x.

I can't see that being a great idea. An older, higher mileage Clio will probably cost you more in the long term in repairs than you will get in a downgrading p/x.

Since the oldest 182 still costs at least £1000 more than the newest cup (2003 vs 2004?) it probably is worth downgrading if someone is looking to save a bit of cash.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I can see the benefit, but there's also a negative.

You know you car is right it runs good ect, you know the history. However swapping to another clio you may end up with major issues or problems that cost you alot more.

You may get a good one, you may get a bad one.

Never above 25mpg
Do your sums first of all.

In theory iit's all good. If you're really tight for cash are you going to have to settle for a PH1 instead of a Cup or even a diesel barge?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I dont think the cash you would free up is worth the potential hassle tbh. The only downgrade worth doing would be to a ph1 imo, since that would free up £3-4K.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I dont think the cash you would free up is worth the potential hassle tbh. The only downgrade worth doing would be to a ph1 imo, since that would free up £3-4K.

I agree with Janine.

Won't get alot of cash. If you buy a shitter you're fucked too.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

^^ I agree, whilst your car is one of the most desirable colours & the fact that its a 55 plate,it still doesnt retain a huge amount of equity-
NOt sure of the spec, but say ballpark 6k for the car-
If you want to be sure of a top car in terms of a 172 cup you are close to 4k-

thats net 2k, & that really isnt a great lot of cashback- I would try & seek out a good deal on a Ph1 or poss sneak a good deal on a Ph2, say between 2.5 & 3k leaving you 3.5k better off plus a reduction in outgoings & an insurance rebate-

S

SQ5
Do your sums first of all.

In theory iit's all good. If you're really tight for cash are you going to have to settle for a PH1 instead of a Cup or even a diesel barge?

Easy! Ph1 is hardly a downgrade, Its upgrade and a money saver ;)

182 FF Cupped
cheers for the comments guys,

the way i see it is i have 5 to 5.5k tied up in my car, i can get a cup for 3 /3.5k

2k is 2k at the end of the day..

just gotta find a nice one/ swap / sell mine..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I did similar from a 197 to a 172 Cup..... Sold off some bits from the 197, and the car made about 5k.... still have the 197 Recaros in storage, thats another £800+ also (if i sell em lol)

Titanium 182
I was looking at your car today mate, I'm interested. Would you be interested in a swap plus some cash for my ph1 ?
Been thinking about putting it in a pm all day but then I saw this thread :rasp: pm, me if you like.

If you have a look at my project thread you will see I've sorted all the "teething" issues with the car, just had the belts done two weeks ago too so it's solid. But yeah. PM if interested.