ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of Eibach...

Arctic 182 & PB 172
Sport or prolines but I have been told that doing this does put more stress on the shocks. Is it really worth it then? I have the cup suspension anyway but would like the car to sit a bit lower. Thoughts?

Seat Ibiza
I love my sportlines. Little bit of a harsher ride but not that bad really.

+1

Just changed mine and loving it! I didn't notice the massive ride stiffness until I just drove down a good old Devon country road!

They are good though, I'd recommended them!

barely puts any more stress on the shocks. and its not harsher at all i would say 100% better.

sportlines

172 Cup
Sportlines everyday of the week...i am also lead to believe that in the case of the clio fitment between the pro's and the sportlines...the sportlines are actually a stiffer spring rate iirc ;)

Megane 225 F1
Sportlines. Also, maybe get some new OEM shocks. I got some new rears and it really made a difference. I'm going to be getting some new fronts soon as well.

Also get a rear anti roll bar. That will tighten the rear end up.

RB 182 FF cup pack
Had sportlines fitted today! Had a longish drive after and i can't fault them, defo takes corners better, comfort not too far of cup set on normal roads and no where near as crashy as i thought they would be! Plus you get that slight drop making the car look so much better! You wont get the drop with prolines.

Chocolate Orange 172
Just brought a set of sportlines this morning :D can't wait to get them fitted!

Only gutting thing is I brought them from Demon Tweeks at £141.99 and just clicked on the link a couple of posts back and Kam Racing are selling them for £128.74 :banghead:

Ph2 Clio 172
Where did this whole idea of any sort of camber, spring adjustments or spacers putting enormous extra stress on suspension components come from?

Arctic 182 & PB 172
Well I didnt think it was enormous stress...i asked someone in sales at k tec if putting the eibachs on will put extra stress on the shocks and he said it would but not that much.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I'm after dropping my cup too, but eibachs don't give a worthwhile drop I think. Apex completely ruin the ride though. Are there any springs that give the drop of apex but the ride of Eibach?

Ph2 Clio 172
I think there are Sportlines available for non sports, yes.

Fitted my Sportlines today. Stiff car is stiff.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Do it you will not regret it for a second ! I thought same as you and after fitting avo springs to std shocks said I would never do it again !
Fitted sportlines last year cannot believe how good that are car is SO MUCH BETTER . Camber bolts no needed .

Sport or prolines but I have been told that doing this does put more stress on the shocks. Is it really worth it then? I have the cup suspension anyway but would like the car to sit a bit lower. Thoughts?

I've just fitted Sportlines to my FF. Feels great, search my username for pictures.