ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of getting a 182 but what colour?

BG 182
iv looked at others an yes there all very nice but those 3 i like quite a bit an never seen the inferno orange ever

Megane 225 F1
Black Gold. I love black. Then I would look at getting a LY.

BUT. I would never consider taking a LY on track. One slight scratch and you will have a nightmare getting the colour matched.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I wanted black and settled for RB because it was a bit of a bargain.

Glad I did now, blacks look really good in pictures, but as soon as they get dirty they dont. Same for monaco and the 172's red, looks good clean but not so dirty :(

Inferno is nice too, personally i wouldn't go LY but thats because i dont see the point in paying a big premium to be called gay :S

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
All the comments about black gold being difficult to keep clean are 3,000% true.

It looks truly awesome when cleaned, PC'd and polished. But then a gnat in Libya decides to fart and the resulting effect is that the 182 is caked in s**t again. It has the perfection looking lifespan of around 0.000025 secs. And that's on a good day.

Put bluntly, I would never, ever buy a black car from new again.

D.

Megane 225 F1
TBH when I had my black 1.4 I loved it, but with it looking dirty all the time really annoyed me and I said I would never own a black one again. But then I got a black 172, purely because they look f**king awesome. Even when dirty, I look at it and it looks fab. It does look a million times better when clean though :eek:

BG 182
lol on black comments they do look super but agree i had a ph1 172 in black an wasnt nice when sunny! im tempted on the inferno as i never seen one on the road, thanks you for the comments

Corsa Van. Meh.
BG look awesome clean. For the other 99.99999% of the time it look pants.

I wish I had got inferno but at the time there were no decent ones about.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
lol on black comments they do look super but agree i had a ph1 172 in black an wasnt nice when sunny! im tempted on the inferno as i never seen one on the road, thanks you for the comments

Don't forget that the specification changes slightly for the 182 based on the colour. An inferno or racing blue 182 will be a 182 Cup, whereas the black gold 182 won't be.

D.

Don't forget that the specification changes slightly for the 182 based on the colour. An inferno or racing blue 182 will be a 182 Cup, whereas the black gold 182 won't be.

D.

You might be right on the inferno front but you can have a racing blue 182 that isn't a cup.

I had a racing blue 182 with both cup packs

Arctic 182
Big fan of the Arctic - if you've not seen one in the metal then do it. Second pref for me would be racing blue, looks awesome with white alloys imo

BG 182
an you reckon about 4K is good priceing for 182 cup at 45000-50000 miles? fsh etc i found a few an thought seems good price from dealers?

GW200
Used to have an arctic blue 182, loved the colour. Picking up a LY with both cup packs this week (Part exing my PT Cruiser, lol). 34k miles, £4500 with FSH

www.renparts.co.uk
Iv got a black gold 182 and it's currently so dirty it looks like it's made out of stone! I didn't even consider having a 182 until i saw this one very cheap so put a deposit down and went to pick it up! Think if I could choose I'd like a racing blue or liquid yellow :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

D.

What? You think I'd roll in a poverty spec 182. My inferno is not a cup! Don't think there is many about though.

Laguna sport tourer
if you love cleaning cars twice a week and showing every little stone chip or swirl mark get a BG if not avoid. if i could go back in time i would have got a colour that is easier keep clean

BG 182
inferno is the decision me thinks and will be a cup as i really dont need the extras, but would be nice if they had the sport leather/alacantra seats, can be a mod for another time though

LY 200
RB's the best of the bunch you picked (by a stretch).

LY if not and you can deal with a Yellow car.