ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of selling Clio RS200 and getting something cheaper ...thoughts?

So Im think of selling this - 2010 model, 36k miles, its in good condition....issues are ripped bolster on the drivers recaro, tiny scratch on drivers door where bike pranged me and a gash on back bumper where I didnt spot a bollard.... I am hoping to get these sorted before selling it anyway. Other than that its as new. Alloys are not perfect but they are ok - cr is now out of warranty
36989_1531030515957_5315269_n.jpg

36989_1531030435955_6733607_n.jpg

So local dealers will offer me £7k. They would sell it at £8.6k and private sales seem to be going for between £7.5-8.5k.

Basically I am not doing many miles these days and when I am it is mainly going away and stuff - so I am thinking of buying something a bit bigger and more practical.

Ideally I would like to sell this for £7.5k - £8k and go out and buy second hand for around £3-5k ...bank some money for repairs and general savings.

My initial thoughts of cars in the £3-5k price range was audis, bmws, vws .... I would like something with a boot, something that is fairly solid for a large amount of miles - but also something pretty fun to drive. Insurance is not an issue. Good efficiency would be nice but its not the be all and end all.

I like the idea of selling it, banking some savings and getting something different.....Any thoughts? What would you do?

RenaultSport 172
I can recommend a Mondeo ST220. High spec car for the money and great to drive. Bad on mpg though