ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of standardising the car now

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
So, within a week of woning the Phs1, I had put my Koni adjustables and apex springs on it.

I then added a cup spoiler and, last week, put a decat and full stainless on with no middle box.

So the car is now low and loud.

But looking at it lastnight, I got the urge to put the standard stuff back on. Lowered cars are cool for hooning round a track, but I very much doubt I can be arsed to book any track days yet. The exhaust is doing my tits in already. True I could put a centrebox in....... but I might as well just put the standard one back on. Plus the emissions light has come on, prob due to the decat.

Hmmmmmm

I'm in the same boat, slightly - though I'm looking at potentially switching car so that's a slightly different reason!

How about putting the cat back in and seeing how you do then?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I was thinking of going standard all round, but maybe get some prolines on, so its not too stiff and doesnt look on its arse.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
My 172 was lowered on awful apex springs and had an 'exhaust' on it, i returned it to standard and for use as my daily car its much much better in this trim than 'modded' although i still have the 'look at me' air filter on it but i'm just too tight to fork out for an o/e airbox ;)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
on my last ph1 i put a ktec supersport exhaust on and regretted it immediately. was far too loud and droned on the motorway really badly. also fitted an expensive itg maxogen that made no difference, so sold them both and loved the peaceful drives to work and back. must be getting old. i have a ktec cat back on my new ph1 but its the silenced centred one and its pretty quiet tbh, only got it because the standard system snapped in 2 and it was cheaper than an original.

Like you've said, get some Eibachs on and possibly put the cat back on / get a quieter exhaust.

My rs192 and sportlines arent TOO far from how it was when I bought it standard and thats what I was after at the time.