ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Third/high level brake light issue.

2005 Silver 182
So I’ve had this problem with both my original spoiler and then my cup spoiler I recently fitted. When it’s first plugged in the brake light works fine but then when I check it a while later it will not illuminate? Really erking me but can’t really think what it could be. Possibly an earth??

Any help much appreciated!

PH2 172
So I’ve had this problem with both my original spoiler and then my cup spoiler I recently fitted. When it’s first plugged in the brake light works fine but then when I check it a while later it will not illuminate? Really erking me but can’t really think what it could be. Possibly an earth??

Check the continuity through the light unit.

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/3rd-brake-light-out.662674/

Black 197

Black 197

did you resolve this? I've destroyed mine trying to remove it to check the contacts.
I am looking for a replacement of anyone can help.

for the OP, did you check the solders for any breaks?

2005 Silver 182
Haven’t had a chance to really check it out yet. Been busy getting my new brakes on and adjusting the handbrake etc. Will hopefully look at it this week!

Black 197
7700429000 Try Wolverhampton Renault.
They were on offer not that long ago.

Thanks Steve, Yep that's the part number, I will try them. I have tried so many dealers who have told me it's discontinued. Is there a rep on here for that dealer?
HG182 - if you are reading this and they are in short supply do you want one putting aside?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Originally I ordered on eBay with Vospers but they cancelled it the next day due to no stock.

I searched for a while and managed to find a new one on eBay about two weeks ago, was left over stock at a dealer.

Black 197
Originally I ordered on eBay with Vospers but they cancelled it the next day due to no stock.

I searched for a while and managed to find a new one on eBay about two weeks ago, was left over stock at a dealer.
Wolverhampton out of stock... do you have details for the dealer selling them please?

Renault Clio 182
So what are people doing now there seems to be no lights left? Scrapping the car? Lol

I wanted to put a cup spoiler on my 182 but looks like that's been stopped by this light issue.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Renaultgenuineparts are pretty decent. Most likely dispatched from the UK, believe they hold lots of stock.

Renault Clio 182
They indeed canceled :p

Good luck anyone who breaks their rear light and needs a new one lol.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
  PH2 172
Last edited:
  Black 197
I've eMailed them in German mate and its a no no. I'm going to the ring in a few weeks but can't find my b n b address lol

2005 Silver 182
Just literally fixed my dodgy light! Got it out of the spoiler then split it all down.

The pins on the white connector and the sockets soldered on the board looked pretty corroded so I took my dremel and a wire wheel to then. I then wire wheeled the solder joints on the board. The internal pins in the white connector were hard to get to so I used a cylindrical file piece in my dremel to clean them up being careful not to catch the plastic. The sockets I pinched with pliers to increase the tension they lock onto the pins.

I used a tweezer to scratch the surface corrosion away from the sockets on the connector that was in the spoiler. The brushed it all down with acetone. Assembled together and hey presto, third brake light!

9B5AAC12-E4F3-4890-9D94-29938E62F1C3.jpeg

Black 197
I can't believe I am the 1st to identify this issue?
If a new one arrives I am going to weather proof it massively