ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Third time lucky!

Liquid Yellow R27
Third time lucky...

I've always stuck with Clios since my first car as I think they're full of character and great fun to drive. I'm now on my third Clio since passing my test in 2008 so here are some pictures of all three Clios I've owned along with a bit of a story to go with them. I have linked the title of each car to it's progress thread, except for my first car as I didn't bother with one for that... Enjoy ;)

First Car: 1.2 Renault Clio

dsc03399t.jpg

I wasn't really into cars and decided to express my personality in it as cheaply as possible. Stickers!

dsc03394r.jpg

Stickers...

dsc03424t.jpg

And more stickers...

dsc03429u.jpg

Even stickers to cover the scratches!

dsc03388z.jpg

Bobble heads and stuff on the dash board.

dsc03427v.jpg

The car wasn't serious at all, as I can see you all cringing behind your keyboards now lol. It was my first car and I didn't have much money so just decided to plaster it in stickers and make it 'stand out' and express my personality a bit. I had so many good times in this car and it never let me down for the time I had it. It was a great runner and even though I wouldn't want to be driving it around now, I do really miss it. At the start of this year I part exchanged it in for a new car...

Second Car: 1.4 Renault Clio

dsc03620l.jpg

I went for something a little bit quicker and a whole lot smarter! Couldn't believe the massive difference in how smooth this was to drive compared to my first car.

dsc03638k.jpg

It was in mint condition and was a huge upgrade from the first car. I finally had power steering, electric windows, climate control, air conditioning and even an electric sunroof!

dsc03630m.jpg

I just had to put a bit of the first car into the new one though, the mario mushroom from the rear view mirror!

I did a few things to this car like sprayed the engine cover, put wind deflectors on it, clio sport sticker, carbon fibre wrapped the interior strips and exterior bullets. For some reason though I never felt that attached to this car. I'd been looking at the Clio Sports for quite a while and was just waiting for the insurance to drop to something near affordable. Last month I had a bit saved up and decided to sell this and buy a Clio 182...

Third Car: Renault Clio 182

dsc01451hn.jpg

So this is the car I have now. Clio 182 with both cup packs!

dsc01459bs.jpg

I really love the colour and it's in immaculate condition.

dsc01505b.jpg

This is the car from the front.

dsc01492z.jpg

And from the back...

THE END... for now!

I'm really happy with this car though and I will be really looking after it. I've washed it two or three times in a few weeks, which is a bit different to the usual twice a year lol. I will also be spending a bit of money on this to get it slightly modded and in pristine condition.

I have a progress thread going for the 182 so feel free to check that out here. :)

Third time lucky though. I can't see me ever going to a different car other than a Clio as I think they're great cars. I'm really looking forward to future meets in this. I think I may have been spat at if I turned up at a meet in my first car haha! Hope you enjoyed the thread anyway and I look forward to reading your comments. :D

Thanks guys!​

Last edited:
  FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
"This is the car from the front."

Thanks, I've been driving around backwards for years! :p

Disastra Coupe
It seems weird saying this but the first car i actually like, bar the exhaust. Like you said, it shows your personality. Obviously into your old skool games and let's face it Space Invaders, Mario etc are definitely cool. If people say they don't like it they're taking it too serious.

182 looks very smart, don't like the F1 sticker though. Look after it!

Liquid Yellow R27
It seems weird saying this but the first car i actually like, bar the exhaust. Like you said, it shows your personality. Obviously into your old skool games and let's face it Space Invaders, Mario etc are definitely cool. If people say they don't like it they're taking it too serious.

182 looks very smart, don't like the F1 sticker though. Look after it!

Thanks dude. I remember ages ago I posted a few pictures up of my first car on here and it was just pure hate lol. Like you say, taken a bit to seriously. I do love gaming though, especially all the 8-bit retro games. That F1 sticker was on the car when I brought it a few weeks back. I have a ClioSport URL sticker in anthracite that I could replace it with at some point. Been looking for a place to put it, but where the F1 sticker already is seems the only place. :)

Oh.. and as for the exhaust. I kind of went over a humpback bridge at 70mph and broke the original back box... :nono: oops!

Liquid Yellow R27
Thanks guys. Two people who like the space invaders on here so far then! :D

I'm not sure they'd be suitable for the 182 though haha!