ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This Alpine any good

Laguna

I have the 9831R and its mint, seems the same spec as that one so do it.. Well impressed, if you have a IPOD get the adapter that works with that headunit its really good...

106 GTi

Got that one myself and am very happy.

fUbAr - Doesnt need a direct link to the Battery.

r-jay - believe me, its advisable that its fitted to the battery, OE wiring just isnt up to the job, potential fire hazard

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 21 February 2005

r-jay - believe me, its advisable that its fitted to the battery, OE wiring just isnt up to the job, potential fire hazard

shouldnt it advise that if thats true!

106 GTi

The unit came supplied with standard ISO Connections and made no reference to wiring it directly to the battery which is why i brought it over other Alpines which required it? Maybe I will leave the standard Ice in the 182 when it arrives next week!!!!!

i have had my alpine for 2 years, its been in 3 different cars running oe wires and have had no problems! and it is also a 4 x 60w model!

But then again, i dont use the output from the headunit as the amps do that for me!

Silver 182 F/F

Anybody using one of these with standard speakers in a 182,do you get better performance than standard stereo.

172 FF

Top unit (I have it in mine). You do get a lot better quality sound than the std unit. Thats if the 182 has same std head unit as the 172 (which I would suppose it has).
But its advisable to change the std speakers anyway, cos theyre crap.