ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So this 172 has popped up local to me...

He's offered it to me for £1200, but belts are due (last done in 2008 according to the renault book, doesn't know the milage)

I can afford it right now, but can't afford insurance, so would be purchasing and putting it in my mums garage for a bit, doing little bits and bobs... after I got the belts done (Looking at Rentec Autocare in Edinburgh, any one used them?)

Anyway just wondering if theres any history of the car on here, and what the experts think from the few pics... Let me know cheers, can go see it later today if need be.

6 months tax, MOT till end of this month, and 12 :)eek:) previous owners.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/renault-clio-sport-172/1013547038

Renault Clio Sport 172BHP - fresh tax the 31st of last month and £820 done in January ready to walk through Mot! lots of HISTORY receipts ect!
There are very few Sports in as good condition as mine as you will see if you wish to view!

half leather half suade sport seats in fantastic condition as is the rest of the inside! a bit of the rubber grip has been ripped on the stearing wheel but if not for that the inside would be near new!
Comes with a matching spare wheel and all equipment needed! Body work is in great condition!

Done recently:
New Alternator
New Battery
New heating system
new spark plug with threading and all wiring
New tire left side

Upgrades:
New Cobra sport stainless steel exhaust
Upgraded New Alpine speakers both front and back
New Alpine CD/mp3/WMA and AAC player that also has bluetooth and Aux connection

Loads more done in the past!

more pictures can be sent if required

reduced! £1400 ono

Last edited:

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
He's offered it to me for £1200, but belts are due (last done in 2008 according to the renault book, doesn't know the milage)

I can afford it right now, but can't afford insurance, so would be purchasing and putting it in my mums garage for a bit, doing little bits and bobs... after I got the belts done (Looking at Rentec Autocare in Edinburgh, any one used them?)

Anyway just wondering if theres any history of the car on here, and what the experts think from the few pics... Let me know cheers, can go see it later today if need be.

6 months tax, MOT till end of this month, and 12 :)eek:) previous owners.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/renault-clio-sport-172/1013547038

I used them for the belts on my old clio and have used them quite a bit in the last few year, would highly recommend them!

few things I picked up on with the car. "new spark plug with threading" what does he mean by threading? Stripped the threads when removing/replacing and had to helicoil them to repair them? Also "New left side tyre" only replace 1 tyre is a bit tight, I would usually do tyres in pairs.

Clio 182 FF
Why not just wait until your ready to drive one? there is loads of them about and nothing so special about this one...

I used them for the belts on my old clio and have used them quite a bit in the last few year, would highly recommend them!

few things I picked up on with the car. "new spark plug with threading" what does he mean by threading? Stripped the threads when removing/replacing and had to helicoil them to repair them? Also "New left side tyre" only replace 1 tyre is a bit tight, I would usually do tyres in pairs.

I'll give him a text and see what he says, good news about Rentec Autocare, just gave them a call about the belts and got quoted £399 with all genuine parts etc so that's not a worry anymore. Just mainly worried about other bits that often go wrong, and the 12 previous owners has spooked me a bit.

I still want your car by the way mate :( give you £1200 and a half a packet of ready salted walkers? :rasp:

Why not just wait until your ready to drive one? there is loads of them about and nothing so special about this one...

I probably will if this cars a dog, but wouldn't hesitate if I can find one in good nick within my (currently) limited budget...

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If it's going to walk through the MOT why doesn't he put it through? By the time you MOT it and belts/dephaser you're knocking on £2k, maybe more depending on how much belts cost you up there.

I'd pass on that, nothing special and up in Scotland there always seems to be bargains about so just wait until you are ready to insure one imo.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member

Agree with this. Loads of them about, I would just save a bit more and get a decent one, probably one off here which is more likely to be properly looked after + easier to look up the history!

172 cup, Impreza P1
12 owners, that's like 1 a year. Hot totty if you ask me.

Lots to be had cheaper than that in that condition. Just because it's local doesn't mean its any good.