ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This bloody rubbage from the rear of my clio

182 Cup
had it jacked up today, the wheels def arent rubbing off anything. It also isn't a dodgy bearing and i've tried other smaller wheels on it and still it rubs!
Help!!!

what car?
is it lowered?
what wheels size and offset?
does it rub when going over speed bumps etc or is it a noise that is dependant on how fast you are going?
Is it from one side or both?

182 Cup
2001 1.2 16V

Lowered 35mm onto 17' wheels. Not sure of the offset. It runs constantly an dgets worse the faster I go! I feel it is mostly coming from the drivers side with a little bit from the other side.

EX-172 driver :(
Possibly the brakes? If the brakes knackered or something it could be rubbing against the discs? Or is that a total load of BS lol anyway theres my penny in the well...good luck :eek:

Lionel Richie
wheel bearing or wrong offset wheels

pop a wheel off and look for "ET**" stamped on the back (** = a number)

182 Cup
Fred2001Dynamic said:
wheel bearing or wrong offset wheels

pop a wheel off and look for "ET**" stamped on the back (** = a number)

Theres no wobble in the wheel at all though. The bearing feels tight enough.
If the wheels are the wrong offset why would it only start now over a year after I had them on?

Lionel Richie
take the wheel off and have a look/take a pic, i can't really 100% say what it is until i see a pic

wheel bearing is highly possible
also the arch lining can fall off and rub
possible bent stub axle (unlikley)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
It will most likely be wheel bearing!!!

specially on a 2001 plate.....

My rear failed rather badly!!! was gettign to very high temps...

al

ST on the way...
Was speaking to a Renault technician this morning, and apaprently the aluminium exhaust heatshield on the back can cause strange rubbing noises cos it goes out of shape easily, might be that?

Lionel Richie
its very hard too, when the rears are knackered, the rear -ve camber increases

how many miles have you done???

as i said i'll be able to tell you straight away if you get me a pic