ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This Dephaser mass failure that seams to be happening.

Stripped yozza'd cup
How much does it cost to replace on a 172cup and what noise does it make? Is it a tapping noise similair to a clutch release bearing?

It will sound like a diesel on tickover when the engine is warm. They're not too expensive, the part is around £150, labour, I'm not sure because I had mine done at the same time as my cambelt.

182FF
Ok then i think when i get my air-con removed next month i will have the aux, cam and dephaser removed at the same time :)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Heard so many story's about people getting them done and then again people that have NEVER heard of this problem.
As I say I work in a VAG garage and 5 of the techs in there where all RTEs at Renault and none of them had heard of changing the dephaser pulley on any Renault Sport.
Yet when logging on here there is topics all over the place about it and people are changing them when they can.

One of the guys at work became good mates with a Renault engineer when he was down south doing his RTE Course and he said he would content him within the next few weeks to see if he had heard anything about the so called dephaser failure.

I'm not saying for one min that it ain't true or won't fail and I will be doing mine next year when I do my cam belt , Aux belt and water pump.