ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This happens far to often!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
For the second time, one of my clios has spat one of the rear pads out!

im pretty sure im installing them correctly, but theyre a terrible design imo.
DSCF0389-1.jpg

Perhaps im missing something, but theres nothing stopping the little L shaped strip from working its way inwards far enough for the outer pad to drop out! causing a nice brown stain on my pants!

am i missing something?!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've had a rear pad delaminate and lock a rear wheel up, luckily as I was leaving my drive

If its happened a few times then I would suspect either the L shape slider is from another car or simply that the pads friction material has got too thin. Can't see any other logical explanation really ????

Clio 172 sport
my home made ones fell out i nearly died when i done that mind it was years ago and i wasnt the best fabricator the replacemnt ones from the local car shop seem to be longer my new ones were any way

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
the times it has happened have been on different clios so its not my spercific retainer im worried about.

and ive tried knocking it further towards the outer edge of the car, but its not close enough to get another clip on the outer edge annoyingly!

for some reason, mine retaining things are able to clear the bolt head when moving in that direction!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i think im going to make some new ones! the pattery ones ive got now have two holes in the backing plate which ive used to cable tie them to the cradle. wont be great but it should give me some kinda of warning if the clip works out rather than just spit the pad out!!

i dont see why renault havnt done something about this! is seems like a common and very dangerous failure!!

Now Sold :-(
Pad carrier fitted to the wrong side???? Not sure if they are sided or not.

The 'L' shaped shim doesn't appear to be sitting very well in the photo.