ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This is why i'm not an instructor anymore!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
FLOL!! Best thing I've seen in a while! What a f**king mongo!

Lionel Richie
I'm pretty sure its the AMV8 in the video as the pedals are offset and you can't just pull the handbrake because its on the drivers side!

Baffled.

Even if the pedals are wildly offset, how can you completely miss one out and hit the one furthest away from where your foot was? Unless he was trying to left foot brake, of course.

Lionel Richie
The problem we have is 95% of the punters are used to driving "normal" cars, you get in an Aston, Ferrari etc etc its pretty different!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
ROFLMFAO! That's made my day! I'll be showing this to my mate who just smacked his brand new Audi (5 days old, 74 miles) into the wall after 'missing' the brake whilst attempting to exit a multi-storey car park... :rofl:

Lionel Richie
god no! I was in a F360 once and i hit the windscreen when the customer decided to use his left foot! His session ended quite quickly!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Baffled.

Even if the pedals are wildly offset, how can you completely miss one out and hit the one furthest away from where your foot was? Unless he was trying to left foot brake, of course.

The bit i'm struggling with is if you're driving a car normally, any car, and you miss the brake, your natural reaction is to feel for the pedal. The brake pedal is next to the throttle. It's dead fcuking simple!!

I drive all sorts of cars and I make mistakes regularly, but I have NEVER mistaken a clutch pedal for a brake! LOL!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do we know the offending mans name yet?? Surely this will go viral??

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
Prestwold? Yeah my old boss owns the place, and all the cars etc etc

does he drive a range? i was up there when i got my last 172 to get some snaps and as i was driving out a group of 4 blokes in one stopped in front of me asking what i was up to, i bobbed me a pants a little. i always drive by on the way to me mates workshop and see randoms on the track, never had the balls myself lol.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
LOL! Incredible, I'm completely baffled at how he didn't after at least the first 5 seconds.

I AD MA FOOT ON THE FOOKING CLUTCH.

Lionel Richie
does he drive a range? i was up there when i got my last 172 to get some snaps and as i was driving out a group of 4 blokes in one stopped in front of me asking what i was up to, i bobbed me a pants a little. i always drive by on the way to me mates workshop and see randoms on the track, never had the balls myself lol.

black RR sport supercharged

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I still do a bit here & there but like living life too much.

Too many people think they can drive & a little bit of knowledge is dangerous.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers for posting it in its non FB state.

Absolute gold. 'Bbbbbbrrrrrrrraaaakkkkeeeee'.

Clownshoe - 'you ok?'
Instructor - 'well obviously that is a less than ideal situation'.

Prestwold? Yeah my old boss owns the place, and all the cars etc etc
do they still have that totally clapped out black 360 manual doing the rounds up there? had something like 65k miles on it when I had a go in it last year, and was only allowed to rev it to 5k!

Lionel Richie
hard top or cab? They sold off all there manual 360's ages ago, but only allowed to rev to 5K?? you had the wrong instructor! We let you rev the knackers off them (within reason!)

Prized tool! When I had a go in a F360 the brake pedal was absolutely solid. The clutch wasn't. Not difficult since he's been driving it around the track prior to this corner that he didn't brake for.

It's a good job he wasn't going any faster I suppose - I managed to get to 130 before he told me to brake ;)

Whoops, I was on about prodrive at Kenilworth! It was a black cab. Some of the instructors let you give them the beans, others were a bit shite and told you to keep the revs down!

Lionel Richie
which company was that with? we did have a manual black 360 cab with some horrible "daytona" bucket seats (£5K option LOL) they made it hard to change gear! That car was called Wiggy