ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This may sound odd but i have a idea but would this work?

Clio Sport 182 FF
Hello everyone this is going to sound odd at first but please keep with me,
right i have a clio sport 182 FF and i love it to bits,
my girlfriend is learning to drive and wants a clio sport 172 but the insurance is crazy money and for a run about the mpg just isn't good enough, so i have been looking at clio 1.4's and making a 172 replica by putting the bumpers wings and stuff on but by the time i've done this it would've cost a lots of money and time. This got me thinking theres always clio sport 172 with engine troubles going on ebay so would it be possible to swap the engine and gearbox for a 1.4 lump and change the logbook to 1.4. But i don't know if this would make the insurance any cheaper or not can anyone help?

Also is this a good idea or is this just stupid?

cheers seb

53 Clio's & counting
Hi mate

It is possible but I cannot see it would make the insurance any cheaper - although it will have less power, it will still be classed as a Renaultsport and will also be classed as modified due to it being changed (different engine)

Plus it would end up being costly, so good thinking but IMO not viable

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
MPG won't be much better on a 1.4 .. get a dCi 80/100 and then get a 172 if she still wants one in a cpl years time !

Turning a 172 into a 1.4 is hilarious given the alternative of a few hundred pounds of bumpers and a grill...

Clio Sport 182 FF
Ok thanks everyone great help :) i think we will look for a dci and save like you said,
it was just one of them crazy thoughts thats all,

cheers:)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Get a dci as said.

See if you can pick up one thats being turned in to a 172/182 replica. Looks with low running costs = win win

There's one in for sale section ATM with sport alloys and interior and been lowered etc for £1500

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Get a Dci and remap it later on plenty of torques to be had, just traded mine in for a 182.

ph2 172
My son had a dci 80 and modded that with a few sport bits and had it mapped and insurance wasn't too bad plus it was only £30 a year to tax.