ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This price cant be real?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Ly Megane 230 F1
if its for one its a rip off...but for 4 its a bargain. Maybe he sells pairs of alloys instead of sets ;) haha

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was going to buy them. They are a genuine seller as a friend had a cheap set off them. The reason I didn't was the offset, it's 28, guess that's why they're so cheap, they won't fit without scrubbing if I understand the offset correctly will they?

is1

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Integra Type R DC2
It doesn't say what the centre bore is (the VW fitment is 57.1 so if they are specific, they would need to be machined out to 60.1 for Renault).
The offset is not necessarily a problem in terms of rubbing (although other handling chararceristics may be affected) because it is a 6" wheel so you lose about 12.5mm (i.e. half an inch) on the inner and outer side of the wheel. Having a 28 offset against say a 43 offset will mean the wheel sticks out a further 15mm but given that it is 12.5mm narrower means the final outer position of the wheel is only about 2.5 mm (i.e. 15mm - 12.5mm) further out than a 7" wide wheel with a 43mm offset.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I am fairly sure that is correct.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Ly Megane 230 F1
the centre bore is 70.1 so you would require 10mm spigot rings.. i have emaild the seller.

As i dont drive my car stupidly fast around corners or put it on a track i dont believe i would notice the difference in the handling sides of things.

Although i would like to know some more about what problems i could run into with the 28 offset?

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
4mm won't be an issue at all for the wheel but i'm not sure how much wider the tyre would be than the wheel though because of the narrower wheel (not sure that makes sense ;)). I am 99% sure you'll be fine :)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Ly Megane 230 F1
team dynamic pro rally is what they come under :).

Id imagine the tyre that i would most likely put on would be a 195 for the right fit..hmm the choice of buying these is overwhelming