ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Those with brembos + 280mm discs

Im looking at shaving down my brackets to suit 280 discs and wondered what sort of pads/discs are you using and whats the coverage like? Also I take it if I just got the brackets shaved down for 280mm I wouldnt be able to go to 15's after as the calipers would need shaving so the brackets would then be too small?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
To run 280 discs you must have 5mm takenboff the caliper mounting faces. The bracket is also 5mm smaller from the hub mount holes to the caliper mount faces. You cannot just remove 10mm from a bracket for 300mm discs because this doesn't leave enough material between the caliper face and hub holes for any sort of fixing. With 280 discs you will be able to run 15 inch wheels but it will be dependant on the wheel offset and how the inside of the spokes are.