ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts on this Focus RS mk1?

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
buy it daz

better than all that other crap you have been looking at :rasp:

All other cars have been dull to drive...driven an S3, Audi TT so far.

Boring!

Heard good things about the RS :)

What do you think to that particular one?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think the interior is a disgrace.

Just couldn't live with that not matter how good/fast the car was.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
I think the interior is a disgrace.

Just couldn't live with that not matter how good/fast the car was.

The interior is horrible I will admit but it does have the bucket seats and push button start!

I can live with the interior to be honest!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
That looks cheap i reckon. And dare I say it, depreciation proof??

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
15   0   0
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Awesome cars!

My mate wants to buy that exact one, but his insurance isnt due for a few months!

I'd be slightly wary though, is very cheap!
Is a desireable ph2 model, has the stiching across the front seats which stops the leather sagging, so keep an eye for this when buying one if you decide too.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
That looks cheap i reckon. And dare I say it, depreciation proof??

I'm not likely to rack the miles up on it either so it could be a bargain.

Awesome cars!

My mate wants to buy that exact one, but his insurance isnt due for a few months!

I'd be slightly wary though, is very cheap!
Is a desireable ph2 model, has the stiching across the front seats which stops the leather sagging, so keep an eye for this when buying one if you decide too.

Insurance is fine with me, I'll just cancel my current policy and go with someone else.

I'll be giving the chap a phone this evening.

Trader Rating - 100%
30   0   0
i like the one on pistonheads in newbury daz, looks tidy and not to far away,

i would try and get a unmodifed one if you can imo.

the one in swindon that you are going to look at has been on autotrader for ages. Dodgy ?? says nothing about hpi clear ??

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
^ Good choice.

Become very competitively priced recently :)

Not a bad price from a trader is it!

i like the one on pistonheads in newbury daz, looks tidy and not to far away,

i would try and get a unmodifed one if you can imo.

the one in swindon that you are going to look at has been on autotrader for ages. Dodgy ?? says nothing about hpi clear ??

I prefer the one in Newbury too, but is it a good price?

The one in Swindon is only really for a test drive as its only 20 mins away from me.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Beat me to it Dan!

Youngsters :rolleyes:

Anyway, on topic...

That looks like a good buy and TBH is quite cheap.

You'll not lose money on it thats for sure.
What has it got to do with my age?

I'm giving an opinion on the car, like he asked.

Another case of unless you lick arse on CS your opinion is worthless. Nice.

Back on topic though, there is a guy in my local area with one and it still has alot of road presence tbh.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
I really like them, there was a buying guide in performance heros last year, a very good read it was. Bomb proof engines and curiosly enough the 0-60 time is the exact same of the new FRS :eek:

I prefer the first gen tbh

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
get 1 bought my mate has just got one pushing 309bhp its stupid he has only had it two weeks with brand new tyres on it there down to the wear marks now lol

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
get 1 bought my mate has just got one pushing 309bhp its stupid he has only had it two weeks with brand new tyres on it there down to the wear marks now lol

Does he drive like Miss Daisy then ;)

Got four cars linked up for viewing today so hopefully at least I'll get an idea of what they are like.

There all within 40 miles of me which is a bonus.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Well I've seen four today and not been impressed, condition wise, with any of them.

Not one of them turned out to be standard, which was annoying as the advert on at least one said it was.

And interior is so old looking as well.

Might have to reconsider.

Drove a Mini Cooper S (supercharged) and was much more impressed with that!

Ad

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  MK2 FRS
I drove a Mk1 RS recently (alonsgide an R32) and was so disappointed. The engine felt really strangled and had real lag and lack of urgency. I had lusted after one so long.. really burst the bubble and as you say the interior is hard to swallow - mainly the dash imho.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
I drove a Mk1 RS recently (alonsgide an R32) and was so disappointed. The engine felt really strangled and had real lag and lack of urgency. I had lusted after one so long.. really burst the bubble and as you say the interior is hard to swallow - mainly the dash imho.

Exactly my thoughts! I've liked them for a while but they were always to expensive...problem is they have all been modified which puts me off!

I'll still keep an eye out for a completely 100% standard one though!

Trader Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Cooper s is a good shout daz if you can find one that's looks good. IMO some look crap lol did u look at the frs in newbury ?

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Cooper s is a good shout daz if you can find one that's looks good. IMO some look crap lol did u look at the frs in newbury ?

Cooper S works is the one I am considering.

I did look at the Focus RS in M Power Newbury....It drove well but it wasn't standard. Had a massive 5" exhaust on it and a bailey dump value.

The front bumper also had a few scratches on it and a crack.

The seller didn't know if the cambelt had been done recently either which put me off.

I will only consider a standard one tbh

pressed plates FTL

Pressed plates are awesome ;)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172 cup
doesnt the cooper supercharged drink fuel though, i can remember a guy on here getting a new exhaust for it and he posted pics up of the average mpg 10mpg!.
u not wanna go jap?

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Cooper S works are great fun, cracking cars.

I'll keep an eye out for these things...Need to drive one too.

doesnt the cooper supercharged drink fuel though, i can remember a guy on here getting a new exhaust for it and he posted pics up of the average mpg 10mpg!.
u not wanna go jap?

10mpg from a 1.6! lol Thats terrible! Must rag it everywhere!

I've had Jap and they are good but the interiors are too basic.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172 cup
its because the supercharger is always on not like a turbo, his wasnt even a jcw.
wasnt that 1 of the reasons bmw changed to a turbo?
there u go mate out of a review...
Anybody who owned one of the old MINI Cooper S models would laugh aloud at its claimed 33.6mpg consumption figure, since driving the vehicle as it begged to be driven would often send average fuel figures dipping below 20mpg. The contemporary turbo engine in the MINI JCW is a lot easier on the juice, with a combined figure of nearly 41mpg

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
There is a 400hp one round the corner from me. Its REALLY fast

Great tuning potiental these things but I'm on the look for a standard one.

its because the supercharger is always on not like a turbo, his wasnt even a jcw.
wasnt that 1 of the reasons bmw changed to a turbo?
there u go mate out of a review...
Anybody who owned one of the old MINI Cooper S models would laugh aloud at its claimed 33.6mpg consumption figure, since driving the vehicle as it begged to be driven would often send average fuel figures dipping below 20mpg. The contemporary turbo engine in the MINI JCW is a lot easier on the juice, with a combined figure of nearly 41mpg

I can well believe that actually, even the parents Cooper I'm driving around isn't all that great on the fuel for a small-ish engined car.