ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts on this Focus RS mk1?

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  ST
It looks exactly the same inside as my neighbours 52 plate 1.6 focus estate. Except it's blue.

Right, my R27 has similarities to my old boys MK3 clio dci but ANYONE with half a brain could tell by looking at them they are very different.

Or are you just a hater' because for whatever reason you can't have a car with a bigger engine than a 1.2 yet in case you fall off it?

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Come on peeps, everyone entitlement to an opinion being good or bad.

Its good to hear peoples views

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Right, my R27 has similarities to my old boys MK3 clio dci but ANYONE with half a brain could tell by looking at them they are very different.

Or are you just a hater' because for whatever reason you can't have a car with a bigger engine than a 1.2 yet in case you fall off it?

You give me wood when you get mad Robson you cutie xxx

:approve:

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Can anyone tell me when the cam belt needs changing on an Focus RS?

I've heard its every 10 years or 100,000 miles is it really that much?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  Gentlemans spec 200
All the cooper s works I've driven have been averaging 24-25mpg. Certainly no worse than a FRS. The new turbo engine is better, but the chassis/steering is better on the 1st gen cars. Just bin the runflats on day one.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Ok guys, went to see this car, this evening:

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1045622.htm

Mint car, wheels are scuff free, paint work is great, not one dent on it (seriously), completely standard (not previously modified either), drove well!

I got it down to £9750. Its up for £10250.

Do you think this is a good price or is it too high?

I need other peoples opinions :)

Tempted to stick at my offer of £9.5k and let him decide on it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
I think £9750 is a good price as it seems to be EXACTLY what you're after. (not modded or previously modded etc)

But if It was me, i'd try for £9500. The way everyone is at the minute, I bet he hasn't had much interest.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
I think £9750 is a good price as it seems to be EXACTLY what you're after. (not modded or previously modded etc)

But if It was me, i'd try for £9500. The way everyone is at the minute, I bet he hasn't had much interest.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm the buyer so things should be working in my favour cause I could just walk away.

I think sticking to my guns at £9500 is the way to go.

Thanks for you input Dan :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
ph1 though, no stitched seats.......

I see what you're saying, but the fact its mint and not been fucked about with means it will sell very easily when Daz has finished with it.

imo anyway.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
ph1 though, no stitched seats.......

Talking to the owner and he stated there were no phases on this car, it was more of a fact that people had the sagging seats replaced under warranty with ones with better quality stitching.

I see what you're saying, but the fact its mint and not been f**ked about with means it will sell very easily when Daz has finished with it.

imo anyway.

Its quite hard to find a standard from day one car especially of this caliber.

The car is not the problem its the price, but the plate does soften the blow!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
15   0   0
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
True!

I'm just wierd in the fact small things like that would sway me one way or the other on them!

the ph1/2 thing is kinda something between my mate and me i think, but it seems to be 53 onwards cars have the stitchinh, im yet to see one (been to see a fair few with him) that are 03 or older that have the stitching.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
True!

I'm just wierd in the fact small things like that would sway me one way or the other on them!

the ph1/2 thing is kinda something between my mate and me i think, but it seems to be 53 onwards cars have the stitchinh, im yet to see one (been to see a fair few with him) that are 03 or older that have the stitching.

I am the same the small things always bug me!

Like I said though its just the price that is a worrying me as I don't know what these kind of cars go for.

The seats were fine in this one, no problems there.

Ad

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  MK2 FRS
It does look mint and unmloested, down side is the shadow chrome wheels which dont suit it imho. Pace wise standard though, I think you will find it disappointing, hence the number of modded ones.

I understand whilst there was no official ph1/ph2, but there was a change to some items such as seats during the manufacturing period. The seats where retrofitted on some older cars under warranty.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  ValverInBits
Yes. Absolutely buy a FRS. great buy. Not going to loose too much on it, great great tuning potential, fast as ya like, diff.
It's just got win written all over it.
But the interior is a shocker. Never mind. You won't have time to look at it.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Good purchase, does it have the pink throttle cable and stitched seats (i think these were the only revisions of some models iirc)

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Good purchase, does it have the pink throttle cable and stitched seats (i think these were the only revisions of some models iirc)

It has the pink throttle cable and the wording around the starter button but I don't think it has the revised stitched seat bases. The seat looks in good nick though.

I've also been told the private plate that comes with it is worth £500 - £750

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Had the RS for a day now and I am loving it! Loving exterior, especially those OZ wheels with the 4 pot brakes.

Never had a turbocharged car before and it feels rapid, even though it only has 212 bhp.

I'll post some photos over the weekend once its had a clean.

I suppose the only let down is the interior but the rest more than makes up for it